Job location: Chicago, IL Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
R0006130 Job Description:
The Department Manager, reporting to the Program Chair, is responsible for creating course schedules, maintaining course materials, overseeing registration, and providing support to the Department Chair. The Department Manager will be responsible for coordinating projects with other departments and for communicating with internal and external constituents (students, faculty, clients, and internal departments). This is a part-time position that reports directly to the Department Chair. The Department Manager collaborates with the Department Chair to establish policies, procedures, and systems to develop and maintain the department for The Chicago School.
· Develop and track course scheduling, instructor assignments, participant records, and supply ordering.
· Assist the Department Chair(s) with maintaining the functioning of the department such as: managing the Chair’s schedule, filing and maintaining files, preparing agendas, taking and/or transcribing meeting notes, supervision of student workers, and other administrative duties.
· Manage registration materials, procedures, policies and communications in coordination with the Office of the Registrar.
· Serve as primary point of contact n the department for students; this may include attending workshops, classes and events outside of regular business hours.
· Partner with the Office of Institutional Research to ensure collection and dissemination of course evaluations and other assessment instruments and reports.
· Assist instructors with gathering course/workshop materials including books, articles, tests and assessments.
· Partner with Office of Communication and Public Relations to ensure website and other communications are accurate and current.
· Work with Student Finance, Student Services, and other departments as needed to ensure the services and resources provided to students are appropriately delivered and managed.
· Administration & tracking of Department Budget.
· Work with the Adjunct Coordinator and Human Resources in the hiring, on-boarding & contract processes of new and returning faculty.
· Support and advance the mission, vision and values of The Chicago School.
· Adhere to all confidentiality requirements.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong time management and prioritization skills
· Highly organized and attentive to detail
· Ability to manage projects independently
· Strong administrative skills
· Strong financial and budgeting background
· Team oriented
·Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred
·At least three years experience in higher education environment
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note: For the protection of faculty, staff, students and all who enter our facilities, The Chicago School requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, with limited exemptions, as a condition of employment.