With a long tradition of excellence and innovation, the Daniels College of Business prepares students to succeed in a dynamic, changing world. We are a high-achieving community of students, staff and faculty that inspires one another to think in new ways, perform at higher levels, and transform organizations and communities. Daniels is ranked among the top business schools and is the only business school in Colorado to receive rankings and recognition from BusinessWeek, the Financial Times, U.S. News & World Report and Forbes. The Daniels College of Business (DCB) offers a variety of baccalaureate, graduate, PhD and certificate programs which are detailed at https://daniels.du.edu/
The Executive Assistant to the Dean reports directly to the Dean and provides senior level executive support to the Dean. The position requires attention to detail, discretion and insightful judgment, ability to multi-task, prioritize, and make independent decisions without missing critical deadlines.
Direct Assistance to the Dean
- Maintains the Deans calendar and sets up meetings for the Dean. Using discretion and insightful judgment, manage the calendar of the Dean, keeping it up-to-date and accurate. Plan schedules for daily appointments and periodic meetings that provide sufficient time for and between activities; carry out general policies and criteria set by the Dean; prepare background materials for meetings, including directions; handle requests for meetings with discretion.
- Serves as the first point of contact for the Daniels College of Business with senior individuals on campus, in the Colorado community, and globally. Welcome guests and visitors to the Deans Suite.
- Functions as liaison between the Deans Office and other divisions of the University, as well as industry contacts, sponsors, parents, faculty, students and campus visitors.
- Plans meetings with department directors, associate deans, faculty members, senior staff, outside stakeholders, executive advisory board & others as requested. Negotiate best times, order refreshments, arrange technology, arrange parking, send out information to external guests, prepare agendas, and other materials. Manage telephone calls and emails, meeting requests, visitors and incoming/outgoing mail for the Dean with discretion and tact.
- Processes registrations for various conferences, symposiums, meetings.
- Coordinates the Deans travel, i.e., air travel reservations, hotel reservations, car service or rental. Provides trip folders for travel including hotel, car, maps, and registration information.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent which is generally 6 years relevant work experience.
- 3-5 years of prior office support experience.
- Extensive calendar management experience.
- Experience in providing support at the executive level.
- Higher education experience.
- Experience with Banner.
- Experience with basic AV/projection set-up; ability to troubleshoot AV and technology issues independently and in conjunction with IT staff.
- Ability to create professional quality presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, October 1st, 2021. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 9.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $65,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.