Fiscal Technician 2Posting Number:
Fiscal Technician 2Classification Code:
148MRCW Exemption Criteria:
No ExemptionEWU Position Number:
Non-ExemptBargaining Unit :
BU 1% Full Time:
100Salary / Wage Range:
CS - 34Salary Information:
$33,492 – $43,272Anticipated Start Date:
ASAPTerm of Appointment:
12 monthsBackground Check:
Yes - BothResponsible HR User:
Vara Lyn ConrathResponsible HR User Email address:
[email protected]Job Summary:
Fiscal Technician 2 duties include:
- Eastern Washington University is currently recruiting for a Fiscal Technician 2. This position performs repetitive work in the Accounts Payable section of the Office of Controller.
- Perform required computerized Accounts Payable Voucher File maintenance to post accounts payable vouchers to computer system. Review invoices for payment against purchase orders in the University’s Accounts Payable system (Banner) and the Facilities system (AiM). Understand sales and use tax as they apply to invoices. Input invoices into the system for all types of purchase orders. Respond to vendor and department questions, follow-up on discrepancies and collect supporting documentation for payments when needed. Schedule daily check runs and daily AiM feeds. Check and reconcile daily reports.
About Eastern Washington University:
- On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 11 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
Eastern Washington University is a regional, comprehensive public university located in Cheney and Spokane, Washington, with programs offered throughout the state and online with an enrollment of over 12,000 students. Eastern is one of six state-funded four-year institutions of higher education in Washington reporting to its own Board of Trustees.Diversity Statement:
Eastern’s 300-acre main campus is located in Cheney, a community of 11,000 residents 16 miles southwest of the state’s second largest city, Spokane. Eastern also offers programs in downtown Spokane at the Brand new Catalyst building and on the Riverpoint Campus which is shared with Washington State University. Eastern also offers program throughout the state based on the needs of the community. Eastern offers an array of bachelor’s and master’s degrees and one applied doctorate in physical therapy. EWU offers 135 fields of study, 9 master’s degrees, 12 graduate certificates, 39 graduate programs, 1 educational specialist degree, and 1 applied doctorate to more than 10,000 enrolled students.
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.Conditions of Employment:
- This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
Physical Demands :
- This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees’ Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Pre-Placement Physical :
- If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at [email protected]
NoHearing Test :
NoMedical Monitoring Post Hire :
NoProtective Equipment :
University, local, regional and state mandates for public and personal protection should be followed as needed.Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One to two years of general fiscal experience. (Bachelor’s degree in accounting will substitute for experience.)
- Experience with data entry, keyboard and 10-key
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity
Work Schedule Type:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook)
- The position is officially located on our Cheney Campus with regular office hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
07/28/2021Open Until Further Notice:
09/30/2021Screening to Begin:
09/17/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
It is strongly recommended that you print a copy of these instructions and the position posting before you begin to complete the online application, as the instructions will not be viewable once you begin the application process.
Application Types Accepted:
- Attach a detailed cover letter in which you explain how you meet each of the required qualifications [and preferred qualifications, if applicable]. It is preferred that you provide that information in a bulleted list or within a table within your cover letter.
- Attach a chronological resume including work history and major duties, education, and any specialized training or skills related to the position. Please list at least 3 professional references including: names, titles, organization name, phone numbers, email addresses, and connection to you (these can be identical to the references listed on the application).
- Complete the online application form and respond to the online questions, if applicable.
- Diversity Response – As an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. You will be asked to attach a diversity response as part of the online application process: Please describe how you will apply an approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Application% of Time:
65Responsibility / Duty:
Perform required computerized Accounts Payable Voucher File maintenance to post accounts payable vouchers to computer system. Review and audit stamp invoices for payment against purchase orders in the University’s Accounts Payable system (Banner) and the Facilities system (AiM). Understand sales and use tax as they apply to invoices. Input invoices into the system for all types of purchase orders including regular, blanket, open, standing and “check with order” orders. Verify purchase order number on invoices with corresponding purchase order number and vendor name on the computer system. On the same system, compare and input invoice against appropriate purchase order line item by line item where applicable. Input such information as invoice quantity, price, discount, tax, freight, etc. Input documents in preparation of demand checks. Also, verify and input index/fund and account codes when necessary.Essential Function Indicator:
Yes% of Time:
10Responsibility / Duty:
Review and sign EWU Library and EWU Bookstore voucher distributions, and travel reimbursements for extensions and index/fund and account numbers. Review and approve via on-line method Dining Services vouchers. Review and sign miscellaneous payment documents (i.e., utility payments, petty cash reimbursements, refunds, travel advances, contracts, etc.) Input invoices to the computerized system and verify daily input with system reports from Accounts Payable System. Review vendor numbers in the vendor file and request updates to the file as needed (including name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, federal employer identification number, and 1099 code and 1099 type).Essential Function Indicator:
Yes% of Time:
15Responsibility / Duty:
Respond to vendor and department questions, follow-up on discrepancies and collect supporting documentation for payments when needed.Essential Function Indicator:
Yes% of Time:
10Responsibility / Duty:
Schedule daily check runs and daily AiM feeds. Check and reconcile daily reports. Essential Function Indicator:
Other related duties as required