Marian University, in Wisconsin, is seeking an entrepreneurial and strategic leader to serve as the institution's next Vice President for Finance and Administration. This key member of the executive team will help with overseeing, coordinating, and integrating university-wide financial, physical, and human infrastructure along with ensuring effective stewardship of the University’s financial and physical resources. The incumbent will develop and enact thoughtful data-informed strategies that will ultimately advance the strategic priorities of the university. The Vice President for Finance and Administration is expected to assume office on or before December 1, 2021.
Marian University is a private, Catholic, comprehensive, teaching-centered institution grounded in the liberal arts tradition and renowned for its outstanding professional programs. Sponsored by the Congregation of Sisters of Saint Agnes (CSA), Marian University embraces justice and compassion and transforms lives for professional service and leadership in the global community. As a diverse community of educators and learners, Marian University values community, learning, service, social justice, and spiritual traditions. The University seeks a leader who shares and will champion these values and objectives.
Marian University offers more than 65 undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of delivery modalities, including face-to-face, hybrid, and online to more than 1350 students of diverse backgrounds. The classroom environment is characterized by strong, highly engaged faculty teaching in small classes. Marian University students are served by 61 full and part-time faculty who are passionate about teaching and dedicated to the University and their profession.
The Vice President for Finance and Administration has oversight of the Business Office, Human Resources, Risk Management, Compliance, Information Technology, and Auxiliary Services (Food Service, Facilities, and the Spirit Store). The successful candidate for Vice President for Finance and Administration will have had significant experience in a senior management role, ideally with both external and in-house financial management experience; will have a proven track record of successfully facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization. The Vice President of Finance and Administration will have a master’s degree, will have strong intellectual, leadership, collaboration, and communication skills. As the academic leader of a Catholic institution, respect for and ability to advocate the Catholic intellectual tradition is important.
Marian University seeks candidates who have experience in the following areas:
• supporting the mission, vision, and core values of a university;
• proven track record of successfully facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization;
• excellent judgement and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
• demonstrated track record of being able to create and implement strategic initiatives designed to strengthen the financial health of an organization;
• strong mentoring and coaching experience for a team with diverse levels of expertise;
• Entrepreneurial team player who can multi-task;
• strategic planning, budgeting, and assessment;
• building effective relationships and working collaboratively with administration, faculty, staff, students, the Board of Trustees, and all other constituents;
• knowledge of policies and procedures related to the functional area;
• faith-based higher education;
• knowledge and involvement in new ERP system conversion processes.
The Vice President for Finance and Administration Search Committee is led by the President and includes faculty, administration, board, and Cabinet level representation. The committee will begin reviewing applications as they are received and will continue until the appointment is made. To assure full consideration, applications should be received by Friday, October 8, 2021, and must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names of five professional references with email and telephone numbers (references will not be contacted without prior notification of the applicant). Applications and nominations should be sent electronically (MS Word or Adobe PDF) to [email protected]
For additional details about this position and the qualifications required, please review the full position description here: https://www.marianuniversity.edu/vice-president-for-finance-and-administration/