15-Sep-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Salary Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for the Accounting Manager position in the Office of University Advancement & Foundation.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
Reporting to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, this position will lead the creation of a data-informed culture for Fort Valley State University. This position will also develop and maintain a comprehensive program of institutional research to create an institutional warehouse database, facilitate institutional assessment, quality improvement, and external reporting. This position will also oversee the coordination of all record keeping, distribution and use of data for planning, decision-making, assessment, external surveys and visualization tools for Fort Valley State University. Working closely with the vice presidents, deans, directors and strategic plan implementation leaders, the position will have primary responsibility for measuring, evaluating, and reporting on the progress of the 2020-2025 University Strategic Plan.Responsibilities
Oversees the Enterprise Data Management initiative by developing a data warehouse and enterprise intelligence efforts.Supports university executives, campus administrators, and campus committees with research, planning, and analysis of institutional and/or comparative data used to inform and enhance policy formation and decision-making for strategic planning, resource allocation, enrollment management, fiscal management, institutional effectiveness, and outcomes assessment.Designs and conducts research of interest to the campus community and publishes results on the IR website.Provides leadership for the design, development, and maintenance of a system of longitudinal databases containing data on students, employees, faculty, and academic programs.Supports FVSU's institutional strategic planning process.Identify benchmarks and key performance indicators (KPI) to determine progress and evaluate the effectiveness of the 2020-2025 institutional strategic plan.Develops, monitors, and documents performance indicators for strategic initiatives.Monitors external factors that may affect the achievement of university goals and initiatives.Other duties as assigned.Required Qualifications
Graduate DegreeFive to seven years of executive-level experience in higher education.Demonstrated capabilities in strategic institutional policy design, analysis, and implementation.Ability to serve comfortably in a key executive advisory roleDemonstrated success in collaborating with faculty, staff, and University Administration on major institutional initiativesData mining/modeling experience, knowledge of Tableau, Power BI, T-SQL and PL/SQL.Experience with Oracle Database and Ellucian Banner Weblogic server.Preferred Qualifications
Background in Management Information Systems, Data Science, Informatics.Conditions of Employment
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
This Position Is Responsible For:
- Working closely with colleagues who coordinate strategic planning, policy making, resource allocation, enrollment projections, assessment, and accreditation and grant funded initiatives, providing relevant quantitative data to enhance data-driven decision-making.
- Working with all the university units and the strategic plan implementation leaders to design assessment metrics to measure their progress in implementation of the plan
- Helping the strategic plan implementation leaders, Vice Presidents, Deans and Directors identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the four strategic priority areas and the accompanying goals.
- Produce a quarterly and annual report on the strategic plan
- Planning, analyzing, evaluating, and reporting on institutional and external data requests.
- Conducting research and analysis on the institution's effectiveness, including design of studies, data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Producing annual reports which document the college's progress in institutional effectiveness, such as the Strategic Plan Update, Management Indicators, and Fall Census Highlights.
- Provides data and analytical support for accreditation, optimal capacity analyses, and curricular, and co-curricular program assessments.
- Serving as chair of the Compliance Committee.
Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com