Academic Program Coord, Int - Phx BioMed Campus Location:
Physician Assistant Studies Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU’s culture of excellence.
This position is located in the department of Physician Assistant Studies at the Phoenix Biomedical Campus in downtown Phoenix, AZ.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
Participates in a team with the faculty clinical coordinators and other staff to address clinical site development, placement and tracking of second year PA students. Works closely with clinical sites, preceptors, faculty and students to schedule all clinical rotations each year. Ensures the implementation of policies and practices, and problems-solves within the scope of the assigned duties and program requirements.
- Establishes rapport with site administrators and preceptors to facilitate student and preceptor credentialing
- Reviews student requests for specific rotation sites that are not yet approved or feasible
- Ensures that all site and program requirements are met; monitors all required deadlines for placement and sends placement notification to students.
- Resolves schedule changes resulting from preceptor or student issues
- Facilitates completion and filing of all standard and non-standard site affiliation agreements
- Collaborates with other NAU programs to streamline clinical placement and credentialing processes
- Provides reports as needed for grants, accreditation, and program evaluation
- Advises students regarding housing and travel for clinical rotations
- Works closely with Exxat, the company that provides the software used for recording and maintaining clinical curriculum and required documentation, to ensure upgrades and modifications meet the needs of the program, and all contracted services are provided.
- Uses a variety of software products including EXXAT
- Communicates in a timely manner with the team, preceptors, students, faculty, and site administrator
- Provides accurate and timely information to PA staff for purposes of preceptor payments, student enrollment and grade changes
- Exercises good judgement and professionalism. Seeks advice and asks for help when needed
- Collaborates with and coordinates faculty and staff with student and preceptor credentialing, preceptor payments, letters to sites on behalf of students, maintenance of records in Exxat, and transfer records from Exxat to the PA program student files
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; AND,
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, guidelines, and procedures related to program area.
- Knowledge of organizational practices and principles.
- Program coordination and execution.
- Coordination of activities, evaluating data, and establishing priorities.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Works independently.
- Exercises good judgement and professionalism.
- Communicates effectively.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities.
If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Commensurate with experience.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
September 29, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.