Job location: Wichita, KS Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
R0006811 Job Description:
The Administrative Assistant is a part-time staff position within the KHSC department of Academic Affairs. The Assistant is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the Dean and Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. Leadership, flexibility, creative problem solving, valuing diversity, organization, and excellent communication skills are essential requirements for this position
- Provide daily administrative and project support for Dean and Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- Manage multiple calendars for leadership includes creation of meeting agendas, briefing notes and corresponding materials.
- Answer telephone calls, determine priorities and respond and/or communicate to staff in an appropriate and timely fashion.
- Work closely with leadership to ensure that all projects assigned to direct reports are completed on or before deadlines assigned.
- Handle work of a confidential or complex nature, necessitating exposure to sensitive information and contacts requiring considerable discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy according to the practices and procedures of the organization.
- Manage and complete special projects and reports as needed.
- Assist additional organizational departments as needed.
- Assist with meeting scheduling and support, including drafting agendas and minutes, as requested
- Prepare support materials for meetings, track actions to be taken in preparation for subsequent meetings, attend meetings and prepare meeting notes for review and distribution
- Assist with data collection, report writing and planning for institutional and programmatic accreditation and tracking of academic projects and priorities
- During site visit years, arrange travel and hotel accommodations for visitation team; serve the site visitation team chair as necessary during the site visit and with complete confidentiality; organize a system of volunteers and assistants during the site visit to assist with schedule logistics
- Assist program faculty and staff during specialized accreditation site visits with schedule planning and logistical support
- Assist with maintenance and revision of institutional documents
- Ability to provide administrative support to Dean and Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs with a professional demeanor, a high level of organizational and public relations skills, and knowledge of office procedures and protocol and high standards of customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills; consolidation of information and editing required.
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency with commonly-used programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and ability to engage with new technologies
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of privileged information
- Good organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Commitment to quality, innovation and process improvement utilizing collaborative teamwork
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple and competing priorities, and respond with precision and accuracy to deadlines having a short duration
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with sound judgment and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage professional and interpersonal relationships and interact effectively with diverse members of the institutional community and outside constituencies
- Commitment to diversity in the workplace
Kansas Health Science Center offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Kansas Health Science Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.