University of La Verne
Compliance & Student Services - Assistant Athletics Director
Job Description Summary:
The Assistant Athletics Director - Compliance & Student Services supports Department-wide strategic initiatives as well as the day-to-day administration of the Compliance & Student Services Office. This position oversees the Compliance & Student Services office, which provides assistance to the entire department in the areas of NCAA and SCIAC rules interpretations, current and prospective student-athlete eligibility, investigating potential rules violations, transcript evaluations, on and off campus recruiting activities, and serving as a primary contact for student-athletes. Responsible for overseeing the area of NCAA Compliance ensuring adequate institutional control for all varsity teams, including the tracking and monitoring activities in regard to our Division III status within the NCAA. In addition, this position is responsible for certifying over 500 student-athletes for practice and competition as directed by the NCAA and SCIAC Conference Office. The position monitors athletic programs to self-identify and report to the NCAA any instances in which compliance has not been achieved and takes appropriate corrective measures to mitigate risk to the department's organizational eligibility status. Additionally, this position oversees the Department's relationships with other student serving Campus units.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement. If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
COMPLIANCE & ELIGIBILITY
- Plans, administers and manages Compliance and Eligibility efforts for the entire department, including but not limited to NCAA and SCIAC rules interpretations, current and prospective student-athlete eligibility, investigating potential rules violations, transcript evaluations, on and off campus recruiting activities, and financial aid.
- Effectively communicates first-year and transfer admission requirements to coaches and staff.
- Monitors and tracks the status and eligibility of incoming and outgoing transfer student-athletes.
- Assists with the data collection for APR, GSR, and federal graduation reports, and prepares all relevant forms for the Athletic Director, the SCIAC, the NCAA and the University as required.
- Prepares waivers, releases, transfer evaluations, and reports for the conference or national office.
- Monitors, investigates, and analyzes student-athlete academic performance, progress towards degree and NCAA eligibility; including initial, transfer, and continuing eligibility.
- Using high-level analytical and human relation skills provides comprehensive advisement and mentoring to assist student-athletes to identify and address academic needs, with increased consideration for at-risk student-athlete challenges.
- Utilizes technology to maintain detailed and current student records.
- Acts as the point person for Rules Education to ensure timely distribution of information within the Athletics Department.
- Oversees, supervises, and manages the Compliance unit, through directing and providing leadership to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Prepares regular training and educational programming for student-athletes, staff, and coaches regarding Compliance rules/policies and initiatives.
- Leads and coordinates investigations of known and/or alleged rules violations.
- Keeps the Director of Athletics informed of all alleged and known violations.
- Ensures material is delivered in consumable and diverse methods to reach a variety of audiences.
- Ensures that the unit is functioning properly and meeting the demands of the department and each sports program.
- Formulates, recommends and implements policies relevant to Compliance and Eligibility. Implements and revises policies for the Unit and department as needed.
- Constantly monitors college landscape for potential NCAA or conference rules changes that will affect the department.
- Responsible for the collection of relevant data and information, and for the completion of all NCAA and SCIAC required forms.
- Leads the athletics department’s efforts related to student services, including serving as the primary liaison to the Housing Office, International Office, Office of Financial Aid, CAB, and Admissions (including Leopard Orientation/SOAR leadership).
- Responsible for assessing and analyzing data to recognize specific needs to develop solutions in support of student-athlete success. Plans and implements creative solutions based on assessments and analysis.
- Meets with incoming student-athletes during campus-sponsored orientation and first-year programs to support the transition to ULV, academic requirements, and course scheduling.
- Attends summer campus orientation planning meetings and programs. Participates in and helps facilitate athletics’ role in Admissions and Orientation programs and events.
- Represents the University at various University, Conference, and National (NCAA) meetings within the intercollegiate athletics program.
- Promotes a positive image of the intercollegiate athletics program and the University by participating in community and professional organizations and representing the University, as a spokesperson for intercollegiate athletics, at professional meetings and on community committees.
- Develops and monitors operating budget for Compliance & Student Services office and ensure unit is being run in a fiscally responsible way.
- Assists with departmental human resources oversight such as recruitment, hiring, training, evaluations, etc. of all full-time staff.
- Other duties as assigned, including professional development.
- Previous college coaching Compliance experience (3 years).
- Previous successful college administration experience (3 years).
La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency