Position Summary & Description
This is a non-represented management position.
Position will remain posted until a candidate is selected.
Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) invites applications for the position of Major Gifts Associate in the development office.
The Major Gifts Associate is responsible for establishing and managing prospect and donor relationships with alumni, parents, and friends through cultivation, direct communication, solicitation, and stewardship to meet fundraising goals to further the upcoming comprehensive campaign and strategic plan of the university and the University Advancement Division.
The Associate plays a major role in qualifying prospects in major gift pipeline and will have an assigned pool of 100-125 active donor/prospects. The Associate will plan and execute cultivation and solicitation strategies including proposals and correspondence to successfully secure philanthropic commitments of $10,000 and greater for funding priorities with the Director of Campaign Planning and Outreach, and the Executive Director of Development and Planned Giving.
The Associate plays a major role in working with Deans, Athletic Director, Department Chairs
and Coaches to move the mission of University Advancement to meet strategic plans and goals. Excellent supervisory, project management, communication, and marketing skills. Position Qualifications
1 year progressively responsible and successful fundraising experience
Experience working in an academic setting
Candidates must have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members.
Candidates must communicate effectively and perform well in the interview(s).
The work of this position occurs in a typical office environment. Although infrequent, periods of heavy exertion may occur. Incumbent must have the following abilities:
- Regular, reliable and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job function, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, professional, harmonious working relationships with others.
- This position requires work outside normal business hours including evenings and weekends as needed to partner effective, provide prompt customer service and/or as requested by senior HR management.
- Ability to travel to field locations and meeting/training sites by motor vehicle when required.
- Communicate both orally and in writing to issue, receive and carry out instructions and orders effectively and to convey information to a variety of co-workers and the general public.
- Use of variety of common office machines such as telephones, calculators, copiers, computer terminals, keyboards, auxiliary printers, and similar equipment.
- Perform manual duties such as lifting and carrying various weight limits.
- Duties performed may require stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching and prolonged standing.
- Provide assistance and guidance to internal and external customers.
- Follow oral and written instructions
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application will consist of a cover letter, resume, names and email addresses of three references submitted in this online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/iupedu
Automated reference requests will be generated when application is submitted by applicant.
Official transcripts will be required prior to hire for the selected candidate.
You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been successfully submitted.
Please do not fax, mail or e-mail any documentation.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon confirmation of work eligibility and satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks.
Committed to excellence through diversity, IUP is an equal opportunity employer M/F/H/V and is a proud member of the State System of Higher Education.