DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical CampusColorado School of Public Health Rocky Mountain Public Health Training Center Senior Instructional DesignerPosition: 758745 – Requisition: #22847
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The Rocky Mountain Public Health Training Center has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Senior Instructional Designer position.Position Information
The Colorado School of Public Health (ColoradoSPH) is a unique and collaborative graduate school that combines the collective expertise of three Colorado universities: The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (CU Anschutz) in Aurora, Colorado State University (CSU) in Fort Collins, and the University of Northern Colorado (UNC) in Greeley, Colorado. The Colorado School of Public Health is the only accredited school of public health in the Rocky Mountain Region, attracting top tier faculty and students from across the country, and providing a vital contribution towards ensuring our region’s health and wellbeing. The school’s faculty, staff, and students work together to reach underserved populations, share knowledge, and conduct innovative research and community service to actively address public health issues including chronic disease, access to healthcare, environmental threats, emerging infectious diseases, costly injuries, and more. As the School of Public Health located within the University of Colorado on the Anschutz Medical Campus, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence in education and employment, by recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. We strive to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication, and understanding; and encourage applications from, racial and ethnic groups, persons with disabilities, and veterans, ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors.This position is with the Rocky Mountain Public Health Training Center (RM-PHTC). RM-PHTC is housed within the Center for Public Health Practice at the Colorado School of Public Health. The Training Center is one of the 10 Regional Public Health Training Centers funded by the Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA) to provide training and continuing education to the nation’s public health workforce. RM-PHTC serves the states of Colorado, Montana, North and South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming. In order to reach this broad geographic audience, we specialize in high-quality synchronous and asynchronous distance-based trainings. Our primary audience is individuals at local and state health departments, community-based organizations, and those involved in population health efforts in clinical settings. The Senior Instructional Designer is a critical part of the design team that provides expertise in instructional design and the implementation of educational technology. This will include expanding learning opportunities for the public health and clinical workforce and creating new and innovative learning opportunities for our emerging business partners. The Senior Instructional Designer will partner with internal and external business partners to develop learning objectives; identify appropriate development and implementation tools, compile and develop training materials for learning opportunities. It will be responsible for technical support and training participants and instructors. It will provide instructional design support for the development of new learning opportunities including multimedia and multimodal content, online courses, online modules, both synchronous and asynchronous, among others, and also be responsible for video and audio editing and learning management systems. The individual in this position will be expected to follow emerging and novel practices and research in public health training, clinical health training, education, and instructional design. The Instructional Design position will be required to work in a fast-paced workplace and diverse multidisciplinary team, requiring effective communication skills. They will be required to be highly organized and adept at implementing and following processes, adapting as project priorities shift, and learning new skills as needed. Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities. Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.Professional Field
Instructional Design, Education, Technology, and Instruction.Supervision Received
This position will report directly to the Senior Instructional Design Manager.Supervision Exercised
This position will not supervise any staff positions.Examples of Work Performed
Create and edit multimedia learning materials using tools like the Adobe Creative Cloud, Audacity, and Camtasia:Video production from script to distribution and editing of existing contentGraphicsSound production and editingDesign and build online assets creating effective UI/UX experiences using WordPress and Elementor and custom HTML and CSS.Create and maintain courses in an LMS using LearnDash and CanvasCreate training assets in the RMPHTC cloud-based registration management systemResearch, learn and provide input and guidance on new authoring and development technology as they become available, or as new tools could benefit the RMPHTC instructional design teamProvide technical support for webinars and bi-directional video events Provide feedback on team projects using instructional design expertise
- Develop asynchronous learning opportunities using tools including Captivate, H5P, Genially, Camtasia and the Adobe Creative Cloud tools. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Online clinical modules pertaining to opioids and behavioral health
- Online food safety modules pertaining to outbreak investigations
- Online public health modules pertaining to behavioral health and evidence-based public health
Work with business partners to identify the most appropriate development tools and assist with design and development of online training content and courses.Train business partners in the use of the learning management systems and other applications as needed.Coordinate instructional activities which may include the logistics for distance delivery technologies.
Develop, maintain, manage, and update training portals, web assets and learning management systems.Follow emerging and novel practices and research in public health training, education, and instructional design.Provide technical expertise to business partners utilizing online training platforms.Design, develop and maintain CoE websites and any other websites or online assets developed and maintained by the Center or RMPHTC.Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this 100% full-time position has been established at $48,137-$67,391
and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Inclusion:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in instructional design, instructional technology, education, from an accredited institution
- 3+ years of professional level experience with at least one year in a public health setting.
- Experience in instruction, web development, media development, systems management, workforce training development and/or higher education learning opportunity development.
- Experience producing clinical content asynchronous modules (i.e., opioids and behavioral health).
- Experience producing public health content asynchronous modules (i.e., foodborne illness and evidence-based public health)
- Knowledge and experience with authoring tools: Camtasia, Genially, H5P.
- Experience working with a variety of web conferencing, presentation, distance learning, and video editing tools and software.
- Experience with UX/UI design.
- Experience with HTML and CSS or other programming experience
- Experience with WordPress website development and use of Elementor.
- Experience with learning management systems (i.e., LearnDash, Canvas, etc.) to create and manage online courses, user accounts, course settings and enrollment options.
- Experience teaching and supporting individuals new to technology
- Demonstrated ability to work within a cloud-based registration management system
- Demonstrated ability to develop and design interactive educational products using a wide spectrum of current educational technologies.
- Demonstrated ability managing web sites and working with learning management systems that includes the integration into existing cloud-based registration systems
- Experience working as part of a team to identify new design methodologies, delivery techniques, and educational technologies to enhance educational offerings; and to develop standard team processes in support of the overall training program.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion.
- Proven ability to work with a high level of independence, balance multiple projects in development concurrently, prioritize assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Passion for innovation and enthusiasm for helping others to learn using technology.
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and Content Authoring tools (e.g., Captivate, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), Camtasia, Genially, H5P, cloud-based registration management systems, Canvas, LearnDash, WordPress, Elementor, HTML and CSS
Business ServicesPrimary Location:
Sep 14, 2021Unposting Date:
Sep 21, 2021, 12:59:00 AM