Job Location: Main Campus - Edmond, OK
Remote Type: N/A
Position Type: Staff
Education Level: Undisclosed
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Undisclosed
Job Shift: Undisclosed
Job Category: Undisclosed
Temporary (One-year temporary position with option for renewal); includes an amended benefits package.
The salary is disclosed within the application as an application question.
Under supervision of the Manager of Application Services in the Office of Information Technology, the Web Developer - Application Administrator II supports assigned portals, web content management systems, and web-based applications for centralized, enterprise-level technology service delivery. In this role, you will work on a variety of projects and will play a key part in making sure that end results are designed according to the relevant patterns and analyses. Helps to ensure the area’s technological level remains up to date and provides 24x7 availability support for assigned applications. Helps with solutions to problems that may arise in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner. Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the University of Central Oklahoma. Hybrid/Remote option available. Must complete on-site orientation up to 30 days as determined by position. Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
Perform and oversee development and technical support of web-related applications. Manages application and web server configuration backups. Provide troubleshooting assistance on software application related issues. Requires a strong functional understanding of software architecture.
Performs all aspects of functional system administration and technical application management for assigned applications. Supports and delivers on assigned PMO projects with requirements developed through the collaborative effort of cross-functional teams and clients. Communicates and fosters professional relationships with clients (faculty, staff, students, external), committees and departments. Coordinates with other OIT departments for integration and connectivity. Works with system administrators, database administrators, application administrators, software developers, and web administrators in installation/upgrades and maintaining services, as appropriate. Participates in IT project committees and appropriate application user groups.
- Responsible for administering, maintaining and managing the university’s assigned web-based applications, including but not limited to portal and web content management system. Aids in integration of services with other on local or cloud-based applications and tools.
- Performs tasks related to assigned web-based applications, including upgrades, configuration, integration, custom programming and end user rollouts.
- Responsible for upgrades and configuration of PHP applications on server. Responsible for writing scripts and supporting server-side web application logic using PHP.
- Works directly with and fully supports website and content designs and implementations with the IT functional web administration team. Makes design decisions utilizing strong knowledge of security best practices, balancing safety with accessibility.
- Proactive approach to monitoring performance and capacity to ensure availability and usability of supported systems.
- Creates and maintains documentation including diagrams, operational and support procedures. Publishes client-facing support documents to improve user experience. Collaborates with Technology Resource Center trainers and support staff to create online training modules and deliver scheduled and just-in -time application training opportunities.
- Maintain access, security, scalability and usability of assigned application(s). Reviews manual processes and automates tasks when feasible.
- Researches and communicates new features of assigned application(s) and unused tool functionality to drive the platform expansion and adoption, which includes developing road maps, guides, standards and procedures.
- Interacts with end users, service desk, team members and stakeholders in gathering information to define and document required changes to the environment. Assists IT management in preparing business and use cases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Qualifications / Experience Required:
Requires a bachelor's degree plus 4 years web development experience or 6+ years of comparable work experience. Strong understanding of web development as well as end-user support of web services. Basic understanding of web development administration.
Qualifications / Experience Preferred:
- Experience planning, testing and deploying enterprise-level upgrades to web applications including web content management systems.
- Demonstrated work experience using PHP to develop web-based applications with additional preferences of installation and administration experience.
- Experience with technical administration of HTML websites and web content management systems, preferably Hannon Hill Cascade Server and WordPress single/multi-site installations.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Experience with scripting languages for automating server and application administration tasks. PowerShell and PHP preferred.
- Experience with intranet and web portal products as it pertains to mobile technology, integrated information, and the customer experience.
- Knowledge of and experience working with authentication system integration including familiarity with protocols and services such as CAS, ADFS, Shibboleth, SAML and Active Directory.
- Experience with web server administration, including Microsoft IIS, Apache Tomcat and Apache HTTP Server.
- Experience with Linux, Oracle databases, PL/SQL and stored procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server administration skills.
- Working knowledge of student information systems with an understanding of the role of system integration.
An advanced working knowledge of and experience with the design and technical support of web content management systems in a large environment. Proficient with PHP and general programming best practices and troubleshooting methods. Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server development skills. Work experience using Linux, including scripting. WordPress technical and application experience with MySQL. Client Satisfaction focused. Ability to train users on systems and applications. Experience with website accessibility issues and resolution. ITIL foundational knowledge, with focus on change management, incident and problem management, and continual service improvement.
General: Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills. Strong analytical, organization and collaboration skills. Ability to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks and balancing multiple objectives, while consistently ensuring the timely completion of priority objectives. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to author procedures, knowledgebase articles and proposals. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users. Ability to facilitate team interaction and client meetings effectively. Ability to work independently or with specialized group and maintain courteous attitude in dealing with students, faculty, and staff. Manage and prioritize work effectively with minimal supervision. Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional. Continually updates skills and knowledge relative to the position and the technology industry. Adheres to and complies with UCO’s shared values and the Office of Information Technology’s Code of Ethics. This position may be assigned 24x7x365 on-call rotation responsibilities and requires the successful candidate to have high-speed internet access to their residence, and maintain a smart phone on which to receive telephone calls, email, SMS messages from servers and authorized OIT personnel. Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.