Gallaudet University, the world’s premier university for living and learning in ASL and English, founded in 1864 by an Act of Congress, which was signed into law by President Abraham Lincoln.
Although Gallaudet is a private institution, by an Act of Congress the University is able to participate in certain Federal benefits programs, specifically the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) and Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS), the Federal Employees Health Benefits program (FEHB), the Federal Employees Group Life Insurance program (FEGLI), Federal Long Term Care Program (FLTCIP), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAFEDS), and Federal Employers Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP).
Other benefits, privileges, and conditions of employment described in this website pertain solely to Gallaudet University and have been approved by the Gallaudet University Board of Trustees and/or President. Outstanding customer service is a high priority for our department and for the Division of Chief Operating Officer. Your opinion of our service is important to us, and we encourage you to offer feedback on our Customer Satisfaction Survey. If you have any questions, please feel free to Contact Us.
As a strategic collaborator at Gallaudet University, it is the mission of Human Resources to maximize the potential of our greatest asset - our employees. We embrace change and the opportunities it brings. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a high-performing diverse and bilingual workforce.
To be recognized as a valued and trusted strategic partner that supports the mission of Gallaudet University and become an Employer of Choice for top talent.
- We value, encourage and support a diverse, inclusive and bilingual workforce;
- We cultivate a culture where people are motivated, valued and engaged;
- We create and enhance strategic partnerships through collaboration;
- We continually improve individual and organizational effectiveness; and
- We enhance services through technology.
Belonging: We cultivate a sense of belonging by valuing, encouraging, engaging and supporting a diverse and bilingual workforce.
Inclusiveness: We solicit the input of others and strive for transparency and inclusiveness and encourage the diversity of thoughts, experiences, and backgrounds.
Service: We have a passion for customer service and are committed to knowing our employees, anticipating their needs, and exceeding expectations.
Openness: We are open to possibilities and foster creativity and innovation to support continuous improvement.
Nobility: We honor our commitments and conduct our work in a manner that promotes fairness, confidentiality, respect, honesty, and trust. We lead by example and advocate equitable treatment in our behaviors, policies, and practices.
Gallaudet employees have access to a wide variety of benefits, including:
* Competitive federal insurance plans
* Generous paid time off
* Federal retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of your pay
* Workplace flexibility
* Career growth opportunities
* Educational benefits & assistance
* Bison perks and discounts
Gallaudet University is a community where the personal and professional development of our employees always continues. Employees can choose to:
- Pursue an advanced degree with support from the university’s educational benefits program
- Participate in on-site professional development as well as LinkedIn courses at no cost
- Make the most of opportunities such as professional conferences, workshops, and seminars.
Diversity Profile (coming soon)
- Students: 1523
- Alumni: 23,000
- Employees: 900
For more information, please visit at https://www.gallaudet.edu/about/belonging-and-equity/
Gallaudet at a glance
To apply, visit at https://www.gallaudet.edu/careers