Search #: 495615JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Hartford Campus
Categories: Administrative Services
The Connecticut Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation (CCEI) in the School of Business is seeking a full-time Office Manager (Administrative Program Support 3). The incumbent will report to the CCEI Program Director and will perform office management duties and assist in providing administrative, fiscal, personnel, and facilities support to the Center. The position will be based in both the Hartford and Storrs offices of CCEI. Evenings and some weekends may be required in support of program events. Occasional in-state travel will also be required in support of program events and activities.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and establishing administrative and internal operating procedures for efficiency and effectiveness and recommending improvements; establishing procedures to implement operational and/or fiscal policies.
- Performing office management duties; directing the workflow and supervising the processing of administrative, personnel, and fiscal paperwork; maintaining personnel, fiscal, and student records for the center.
- Conferring with and advising the Director on the full range of complex administrative and business matters related to University policies and procedures that impact program implementation.
- Serving as CCEI’s fiscal officer: oversees a system of accounting and fiscal record keeping, manages financial approvals, and reconciles ProCard transactions; processes detailed financial transactions including but not limited to; disbursement vouchers purchase requisitions, travel and expense reimbursements; supervising the maintenance of financial records for all program funds and appropriations.
- Assisting in the preparation of CCEI budgets; assisting in managing the approved budget and making decisions related to program expenditures.
- Acting as a resource to students, faculty, staff, and external constituents for information regarding the interpretation and application of policies and regulations governing CCEI activities and programs.
- Compiling and interpreting program data for use in preparing administrative, academic, and grant reports.
- Processing all hiring transactions for CCEI including special payroll and student employment; coordinating the collection of appropriate employment forms and documentation; maintaining records of employment and entering hours worked into payroll system.
- Representing CCEI to other University and external offices and agencies in administrative matters that affect the operations of CCEI and its programs.
- Coordinating the scheduling and maintenance of CCEI’s space in Hartford and Storrs; maintaining supplies, facilities needs, and coordinating IT needs on-site.
- Supporting new and existing grants; tracking expenses, compiling data for reporting, and tracking milestones and deadlines for submission.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, entrepreneurship, or a related field AND three to four years of administrative experience in higher education, business, or entrepreneurial setting. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Proven flexibility, initiative, good judgment, discretion, and experience resolving problems efficiently, effectively, and independently.
- Demonstrated experience working accurately and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office products and the ability to learn new software as necessary.
- Proven experience planning, organizing, and executing events.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, and external constituents.
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends, and to travel to both the Hartford and Storrs CCEI locations regularly as well as other UConn campuses when needed.
- Demonstrated experience working in a higher education environment in a university setting.
- Demonstrated experience supporting a grant-funded or foundation-funded program.
- Demonstrated experience processing detailed financial and HR-related transactions.
- Demonstrated experience using Kuali, HuskyBuy, or similar financial systems.
- Demonstrated experience supervising student workers and/or other employees.
This is a full-time position based in both Hartford and Storrs, CT.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #495615 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on September 28, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Sep 14 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Sep 28 2021 Eastern Daylight Time