Job DescriptionInstructional Technology Specialist - (OME Curriculum Support Services) The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), School of Medicine - Office of Medical Education
is currently recruiting for an Instructional Technology Specialist
. This position is responsible for providing in-person (onsite) and remote technical (IT helpdesk support & AV) support for the Medical Doctor Program curriculum. Most of the support is expected occur from our campus location. The support will be provided for medical students as well as faculty that have an active teaching role within the MD Program curriculum. The position requires a person who has a strong IT background as well as a firm understanding of current AV hardware & software solutions used within education settings. The applicant is expected to be able to troubleshoot software and hardware related technical issues that may arise during in-person instruction as well as online during remote / distance learning sessions typically using Zoom. The applicant would also be expected to use the knowledge acquired to make independent decisions to guide and advise faculty about the best course delivery options available to them based upon what they are trying to accomplish. The details of the position and additional expected duties are listed below. Benefits Information:
UMB offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. UMB requires all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. Primary Duties:
- Provides in-person (on-site) and remote Helpdesk / Laptop support – 320 student laptop hardware/software troubleshooting and triage for repairs services. Troubleshoots exam connectivity issues (years 1 – 3). Support can be provided remotely as well as on site. Expected to use discretion to determine best course of action to resolve issues. Contributes to documentation and digital knowledgebase. Performs preventive maintenance tasks and provides end user with advice and guidance related to proper use of computer and virus prevention. Expected to use endpoint management tools (Bigfix, SCCM, etc) to apply patches and updates to computer equipment. Problems that are expected to be resolved vary in complexity from minor to moderate. Expected to utilize standardized SOM and UMB Campus helpdesk ticketing systems and end user management systems. Expected to follow and implement UMB and SOM Computer Hardware, Software, and Network Use policies.
- Provides in-person (on-site) and remote assistance to faculty and students in the use of technology in learning applications and equipment using a wide variety of available technologies, such as: digital images/audio, PowerPoint, TurningPoint, and other PC presentation software, Soltice equipment, enterprise learning applications, and distance learning (DL) technologies such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and WebEx. Diagnoses and troubleshoots hardware and computer software. Uses discretion to determine best course of action to resolve issues. Contribute to documentation and digital knowledgebase. Performs preventive maintenance tasks and provides end user with guidance and recommendations related to the best solution to accomplish their desired multimedia / presentation related task. Responsible for providing general use training of presentation delivery systems or video conferencing software to lecturers and meeting hosts as needed. Problems that are expected to be resolved vary in complexity from minor to moderate.
- Provides in-person (on-site) and remote support of equipment located in OME instructional spaces (PC Lab, Multi – Labs, Lecture Halls & Auditoriums, Anatomy Lab) – Hardware and Software maintenance / Printers / re-filling supplies / reporting problems / general upkeep, etc. Contribute to documentation and digital knowledgebase. Performs preventive maintenance tasks monthly. Responsible for providing support and general use training of equipment and software to lecturers and meeting hosts as needed. Problems that are expected to be resolved vary in complexity from minor to moderate.
- Provides in-person (on-site) and remote daily support and advice to faculty, staff and students in effectively using instructional technology applications and/or equipment.
- Conducts training presentations in the use of specific technology materials and software.
- Monitors use and secures audio/visual, multimedia, video, and IT equipment as appropriate.
- May collaborate on training plans and blended learning implementation strategies and in the design and customization of curriculum and provide consultation on course media use.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in field and/or related field, such as Graphic or Instructional Design. Master's degree preferred. Experience:
Two (2) years related experience which includes proficiency with audio/visual, multimedia, video production, or IT resources. Other:
Related experience may be substituted for education. Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications required, familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint & Microsoft Power Platform is a plus.
Excellent customer service skills. Hiring Range:
Commensurate with education and experience
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact HRDiversit[email protected]
. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Exempt StaffShift:
School of Medicine - Academic AffairsJob Posting:
Sep 15, 2021Unposting Date: