Job DescriptionThe University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON) program at the Universities at Shady Grove (USG)
in Rockville, Maryland is currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant II
position. Accountability | Civility | Collaboration | Diversity | Excellence | Knowledge | Leadership
At the University of Maryland, Baltimore, we are driven by our seven core values, philosophy, and daily business and education practices.UMB offers a generous benefits package that starts with 11 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be process through Human Resources.Primary Duties:
- Interfaces with students in order to assist them in locating and securing the resources they need for successful orientation, progression, and graduation.
- Assist staff and faculty members with requests for supplies and appointments with various departments and committees.
- Completes travel requests for faculty and staff, performs required administrative follow-up and recordkeeping
- Assist in the procurement and tracking of supplies.
- Partner with faculty each semester to set schedules, submit room requests, and book requests.
- Request copies of tests and other instructional materials through the USG Copy Center and ensure that the copied materials are picked up and ready for faculty as requested.
- Edits, formats, and revises documents and materials created by others. Proofreads for grammatical, typographical and content errors.
- Converts rough copy and drafts to final version quality reports, presentations, and documents. Includes incorporating edits and adding graphics.
- Responsible for paper and electronic filing systems which meet the department needs and University guidelines.
- Receives and screens telephone calls and visitors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.Experience:
Three (3) years of experience providing administrative support. Prior experience in an academic setting preferred.Other:
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
General knowledge of and skill in the practical application of generally accepted office practices and procedures. Ability to communicate effective both orally and in writing. Proficient in Mircrosoft Office (Word, Outlook, Teams, Powerpoint, Excel). Proficient in setting up and managing virtual meetings. Ability to proofread and edit written documents. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to interact effectively with internal and external parties in a courteous and efficient manner.Based on the duties of this position, selected candidates are eligible to participate in the Bargaining Unit (Union).Salary Range
: $40,000 - $45,853.66UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request
. You may also contact [email protected]
. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Non-Exempt StaffShift:
SON - Universities at Shady GroveJob Posting:
Sep 15, 2021Unposting Date:
Sep 29, 2021, 10:59:00 PM