AV Install Service Technician, Information Services, 75142 Location:
UMKC Hospt Hill Campus Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
This position is located on Hospital Hill in the UMKC Health Sciences Building.
The AV Install Service Technician will support multiple academic units by providing technical support for all associated classes, meetings and events. They will complete and support AV hardware implementations, and will work closely with UMKC’s Health Sciences programs, MU Pharmacy, MSU Pharmacy and UMKC’s Information Services team to ensure all support needs are met.
Successful applicants will be organized, detail-oriented individuals, who can remain calm and problem solve in fast-paced situations. This individual will be expected to provide exceptional customer service to our faculty, staff, students, and community. Work performed is often time sensitive, therefore prioritization skills are very important. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operate specialized Technician-assisted classroom and laboratory technology.
- Inspect classroom audiovisual equipment regularly and perform preventative maintenance to ensure system functionality.
- Repair, maintain and adjust audiovisual equipment including projectors, document cameras, microphones, public address systems and speakers.
- Communicate progress on technology issues and resolutions to faculty, staff and students.
- Assist faculty, staff and students on the use of audiovisual equipment and systems.
- Assist full-time AV staff with the development of documentation on the usage of audiovisual equipment and systems.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Knowledge of audiovisual equipment
- Mechanical aptitude and physical coordination
- Superior non-verbal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Good organizational/prioritization skills.
- Ability to explain complex information and technologies in simple terms.
- CTS Certification.
- AV brand specific certifications (biamp, Extron, Crestron, QSC, etc.).
Full Time/Part Time
Full time, benefit eligible
$13.50 - $16.50 per hour; commiserate with education and experience.
Open until filled. Review of applications begins September 27, 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC Statement on Diversity
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.