Executive Assistant to the Director of AthleticsUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Open to AllMonthly Salary:
Commensurate with ExperienceJob Category :
ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
Strong communication and interpersonal skills Preferred Qualifications:
Ability to provide clear, concise written information
Ability to establish rapport with internal and external constituents
Ability to understand and interpret general university policy and procedure manuals
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel
Bachelor’s degree with additional consideration for a Masters degree Job Description:
The Texas State Department of Athletics is seeking an Executive Assistant to the Director of Athletics. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing technical and administrative assistance in the development and implementation of procedures and policies and for planning, executing, and supervising the activities of the Director of Athletics. In addition, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for coordinating special events.Job Duties:
Plan Senior Staff, Head Coach and All Staff Meetings
- Prepare draft and final agenda
- Organize and arrange meetings
- Edit, process, post meeting notes with follow up action items.
Coordinate Special Events
- Assist in planning events related to honoring former student athletes and donors
- Cultivate and communicate with T-Association members
- Responsible for budget and accounting aspects of T-Association events
- Oversee T-Association event management
Athletic Department liaison for President’s Office
- Manage the Director of Athletics President’s Cabinet items, guests, and handouts
- Prepare, edit, and track all Athletics related correspondence for President’s Office
- Prioritize Presidential requests by taking immediate action
- Coordinate dates and invites of key athletic events to President’s Office
Process University and Department Policies
- Process UPPS changes, review and edit policy requests, track policy and comment due dates
- Revise, maintain, communicate, and distribute Departmental Policies and Procedures
Director of Athletics Assistant
- Organize and prioritize Director of Athletics schedule
- Coordinate, communicate and prepare Director of Athletics for scheduled events
- Drafting correspondence to various constituents on behalf of Director of Athletics
Job Open Date:
- Serve as department Time Administrator
- Monitor and communicate vacation and overtime hours
- Assist with PCR’s
- Process open records requests
- Oversee Administrative Assistants
- Oversee asset inventory list for Athletic Department
- Coordinate IT issues related with departmental copier, printer and scanner.
- Manage calendar for office meeting space
09/14/2021Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight):
09/28/2021Open Until Filled:
NoNormal Work Days:
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, SaturdayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.Why work @ Texas State? :
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents! Quick Link:
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.