Program Director / Instructor - Dental Assisting
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected]
or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.Job DescriptionThis position will be open until filled.
The Program Director will be responsible for day-to-day activities for the Dental Assisting Program. Development and responsibilities to maintain CODA accreditation compliance and documentation. The PD must be available or provide alternative responsibility arrangements when off campus. The PD will work closely with faculty and students to ensure the program is meeting the needs of the students, college, and community. In addition, teach at least 15 instructional units per semester of Dental Assisting courses, including on-line and in-class lectures, skills labs, and clinicals/practicums. Keep regular office hours and maintain licensure, certifications, and health documents. Participate in the development of curriculum, syllabi, and course materials; evaluate mastery of skills and competencies and required by the learning outcomes. Serve on program, department, school, and college-wide committees, and participate in meetings and activities. Other duties as assigned.
This position requires the ability to pass background checks, drug screens, and provide all vaccinations/titers as required by the Dental Assisting Program and/or healthcare facilities.Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Must be a Certified Dental Assistant or Dentist licensed in the State of Nevada
- Must have occupational experience with fourhanded dentistry principles
- Must have experience with CODA accreditation and documentation requirements
- Must have instruction experience in educational theory and methodology, e.g., curriculum development, educational psychology, test construction, measurement, and evaluation
Starting Salary Range
- Previous teaching experience in multiple Dental Assisting topics/subjects
- Experience working with diverse/multi-cultural student populations
- Budget preparation/Fiscal administration
- Supervisory and evaluation of faculty experience
Initial salary placement is based on educational level and total years of full-time equivalent teaching experience. For example, for an instructor with a Master's degree the salary range would be $46,691 to $58,364 annually. The entire salary range is up to $70,038 annually with a Doctorate and 10 years' experience. A maximum of 10 years of experience will be considered for the initial salary placement purposes.Exempt
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references (Name, email and phone number)
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (Applicants who have earned their degrees outside of the United States must have their educational transcripts evaluated by an approved evaluator if their college or university is not listed in the most recent edition of the Higher Education Directory, published by Higher Education Publications, Inc. If you have any questions regarding this, please reach out to the Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & Classification team)
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.Posting Close Date
10/14/2021Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Program-Director---Instructor---Dental-Assisting_R0123325
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency