Adjunct Faculty- Teacher Education- University Support Provider- California (All Regions) -Single Subject- World Languages (Arabic, Korean, Chinese, & French) Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
About the Position
“Our mission is to deliver an exceptional student experience by providing superior programs and services that are relevant and result in meaningful learning.”
National University is San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university. We are proud to provide high quality higher education to our diverse student population from across the United States, and in multiple countries. As an institution, we value accessibility and provide our students and faculty the opportunity to thrive in a dynamic and exciting work environment. In 2010, National University was named a Great College to Work For in a survey by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Adjunct faculty are valued as an integral and vital component of the University’s teaching staff, providing unique and valuable perspectives and contributions. We have an excellent opportunity for Adjunct Faculty to join our highly engaged teaching staff in the Sanford College of Education, University Support Provider - Foreign Languages (Arabic, Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese, & French) . The University Support Provider will supervise and observe student-teacher candidates completing their program requirements The single subject teaching credential authorizes the holder to teach in departmentalized classes in any subject within his/her authorized fields in grades preK-12, or in classes organized primarily for adults. The SB2042 credentials carry with them an authorization to teach English Language Learners both in the general education classroom and in designated classes.
Note: This position will be teaching online, 9-week courses in the areas of Arabic, Chinese, Korean, and French.
Essential Job Duties:
Lead classroom sessions on-site and/or online according to university policiesProvide expertise in assigned content areas by maintaining current knowledge in the fieldRespond to student needs in a timely fashion or typically within 48 hours Provide substantive feedback to students, grade assignments, and post grades Participate in online class discussion boards Have a strong emphasis on student-centered learning by encouraging participation in their own learning and promoting student inquiryMaintain a positive, safe, inclusive student-centric learning environment
- Master’s Degree or higher in related field (Arabic, Chinese, etc) from a regionally accredited university
- Valid Single Subject California Teaching Credential from the CTC with relation to field of linguistic (Arabic, Chinese, etc)
- Proficiency in common internet tools, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Current knowledge of the content; relevancy
- Knowledge of the current context of public schooling including California adopted P-12 content standards, frameworks, and accountability systems
- Knowledge of diversity in society, including diverse abilities, culture, language, ethnicity, and gender orientation
- Demonstration of effective professional practices in teaching and learning, scholarship, and service
- Must reside and be eligible to work in the United States
- College-level or field teaching experience
- Experience teaching adult learners
Materials needed for submission:
Resume / Curriculum VitaeCopy of Valid California Teaching CredentialUnofficial TranscriptsCover Letter highly preferredIf selected, candidates with international degrees may be required to submit translation/degree evaluation from one of our approved agencies.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer terminal and requires color vision and depth perception. The work is performed in an office environment and outside the office as necessary.
National University offers an opportunity to work in an innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and creative people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('/psc/nushrprd_newwin/EMPLOYEE/PSFT_NUSHRPRD/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;