Business Analyst, Business ServicesPosition Number:
Non-Union Non-Classified StaffPay Grade Level:
10Pay Grade Range:
Anticipated Hiring Range is $50,000 - $60,000Status :
Calendar Year, Full-time, PermanentDepartment:
Office of Asst. Vice President of FacilitiesContact(s):
Please note: Applications must be submitted directly online only at: https://jobs.uri.edu
NoJob Description Summary:
BASIC FUNCTION: Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the Assistant Vice President and staff with administrative and financial functions related to department budgets, capital and small project funding, contract management, and real estate. Research and troubleshoot issues needing resolution within the Division. Handle information of a sensitive and confidential nature.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist in the preparation and processing of confidential and important/complex documents, correspondence, agreements, and leases. Research and draft written responses; review communications prepared by others for the Assistant Vice President’s signature. Research and compile information for use in impact statements and analyses, presentations, meetings and decision making. Responsible for obtaining information and making recommendations related to specific problems, activities, or policies. Develop and maintain complex spreadsheets for use by the Assistant Vice President and staff as required. Create PowerPoint, Excel, Google, Adobe, and other report documents to be used at various meetings. Assist with compiling data for these and other presentations. Coordinate and facilitate various divisional activities, including Web site support to departments within the Division and Facilities Group website. Develop and maintain various office files, digital files, contractual, personnel and budget records, and ensure their confidentiality. Act as a point of contact with the V.P. of Administration and Finance, other URI V.P.s, and the Provost’s office in coordinating URI’s Facilities Committee. Develop and maintain all documentation in support of the Facilities Committee. Act as a point of contact between the Assistant Vice President and the URI Board of Trustees, State Budget Office, State Properties Committee, Department of Administration and other State agencies.Required Qualifications:
Effectively manage the Assistant Vice President’s calendar and schedule. Track and notify the Assistant Vice President of important deadlines, such as lease renewals and submission dates for agenda items to the URI Board of Trustees, Facilities and FinanceCommittee, and State Properties Committee. Maintain a current and prioritized agenda of issues and major items requiring attention and response by the Assistant Vice President, ensuring prompt responses or follow through on requests for decision and action.
Assist in the preparation of agenda items for submission to the URI Board of Trustees, Facilities and Finance, and State Properties Committee. Provide confidential administrative services for all staff of the Office of the Assistant Vice President, including the following: arrange and schedule meetings, type reports, correspondence, and related materials, make travel arrangements; draft and respond to routine correspondence. Answer phones, greet visitors, and disseminate information to a diverse constituency. Exhibiting a high degree of tact and sensitivity, deal directly with the public, students, faculty, staff, and officials (both within and outside the University) on behalf of the Assistant Vice President and staff. Exhibit exemplary customer service skills when working with all URI divisions and departments. Process procurements as needed including, but not limited to, office supplies, computer equipment, building rental lease agreements, and special services such as real estate appraisals for the Division. Assist the Assistant Vice President and direct reports with the maintenance, upkeep, and updating of the Facilities Group Project Intake Form and process. Provide consistent and timely coordination between all Facilities Group departments and their clients. Assist the staff of the Assistant Vice President with various ad hoc administrative and financial requests as needed. Serve as liaison to all customers. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other duties as required.
Supervise support staff as required.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT: Personal computers, printers, scanners; word processing, spreadsheet, database management and scheduling software; fax and copying machines; calculator.
REQUIRED: Preferred Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience in the capacity of administrative support in a complex professional environment.
3. Demonstrated mathematical and analytical skills.
4. Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
5. Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to coordinate and to balance multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
7. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
8. Demonstrated ability to interpret institutional policies, plans, objectives, rules, and regulations, and to communicate the interpretation to others.
9. Demonstrated computer skills (i.e., word processing, spreadsheet, database and scheduling software).
10. Demonstrated experience with PeopleSoft (or similar Oracle-based human resource and financial software).
11. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
12. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
13. Demonstrated supervisory experience.
14. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
15. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
PREFERRED: Environmental Conditions:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
2. Minimum three years of experience in the capacity of administrative support in a higher education institution.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of budgetary processes and analyses.
4. Demonstrated experience developing and implementing administrative policies and procedures.
5. Demonstrated experience with web-site development software. ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.Posting Date:
10/05/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:Quicklink for Posting:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) “Other Document-References” – the names and contact information of three professional references (pdf doc).