Executive Assistant I (UCAS)Position Number:
Non-Union Non-Classified StaffPay Grade Level:
7Pay Grade Range:
Anticipated hiring range to $55,000Status :
Calendar Year, Full-time, PermanentDepartment:
University College for Academic SuccessContact(s):
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoJob Description Summary:
BASIC FUNCTION: Serve as executive assistant to the Dean, University College for Academic Success. Provide critical administrative support for University College for Academic Success areas. Perform private administrative duties of a complex and responsible nature. Duties and Responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist the Dean or Director in carrying out administrative responsibilities; research and troubleshoot issues needing resolution at the college level of University-wide level as it pertains to students and student success. In consultation with the Dean, serve as the primary budget and fiscal person for the College. Develop and maintain office files and budget records and ensure their confidentiality. Provide confidential administrative services, including the following: arrange and schedule meetings; type reports, correspondence; make travel arrangements; draft and respond to routine correspondence; prepare and maintain spreadsheets. Arrange, schedule, and conduct special events, such as meetings, conferences and social events. Exhibiting a high degree of tact and sensitivity, deal directly with the public, students, family members, faculty, staff, and officials (both within and outside the university) on behalf of the Dean. As necessary, answer phones and emails, greet visitors, and disseminate information to a diverse constituency. Prioritize responses to correspondence, phone calls and various issues, thereby minimizing demands on the Dean’s time, allowing them to focus on broader and more critical issues. Interview and recommend for appointment administrative support and student help within the office. Train, schedule and assign workloads to administrative support and student help. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Perform other duties as required. LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT: Personal computers, printers, word processing, spreadsheet, database management, scheduling software, fax and copying machines, eCampus, calculator. Required Qualifications:
REQUIRED: Preferred Qualifications:
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Minimum three years of progressively responsible experience in the capacity of administrative assistant in a complex professional environment.
3. Demonstrated time management and organizational skills in a multiple priority environment.
4. Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining fiscal records and budgetary items.
5. Demonstrated computer skills (i.e., word processing, spreadsheet, database and scheduling software).
6. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
7. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
8. Demonstrated supervisory experience.
9. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
10. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
PREFERRED: Environmental Conditions:
1. Associate’s degree.
2. Demonstrated experience in higher education.
3. Demonstrated experience and dedication to integrating issues of inclusion, equity, and social justice into work. ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
The incumbent is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. Posting Date:
09/28/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:Quicklink for Posting:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) “Other Document-References” – the names and contact information of three professional references (pdf doc).