0813202Number of Open Positions::
Assistant ProfessorOther Title Information::
Digital Communication in Public Relations, Assistant ProfessorOrganization::
207201 - ADVERTISING AND PUBLIC RELATIONSPosition Summary::
The Department of Advertising and Public Relations at The University of Alabama invites applications for a Tenure Track Assistant Professor in the area of Digital Communication for the 2022-2023 academic year. Ad Text::
The Department of Advertising and Public Relations at The University of Alabama invites applications for a Tenure Track Assistant Professor in the area of Digital Communication for the 2022-2023 academic year. The successful candidate must have research expertise and demonstrated teaching potential in the area of Digital Communication. We particularly welcome candidates who conduct research, via a digital communication lens, in one or more of the following areas: political public relations, government public relations, military or NGO communication, public affairs, or public diplomacy in local or international contexts—as we seek to strengthen our cutting-edge research, teaching, and practice in this area of digital communication. Since we are committed to creating the most intellectually diverse, inclusive, and equitable academic unit that we can, we especially encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Additionally, while we embrace all epistemological and methodological approaches and forms of scholarly inquiry, those with the ability to conduct and teach qualitative methods are encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates must demonstrate strong potential to establish and maintain an independent scholarly research program, recognized within the public relations discipline. Additionally, the department seeks candidates whose scholarly activity will contribute to our graduate emphases and recruitment efforts and whose teaching and/or professional experience and leadership-focused thinking can provide our undergraduate students with the theoretical understanding and practical experience and skills necessary to engage with the practices of digital communication across multiple platforms.
UA is a student-centered research university. Thus, candidates must have prior teaching experience and be able to demonstrate their ability to successfully engage students in the classroom. Applicants must display an ability to be an active and involved member of a highly collaborative faculty team. The University of Alabama is the state’s flagship public university and offers a full course of academic programs and social life to its nearly 40,000 students. It is located in Tuscaloosa, a diverse city with a population of more than 115,000 and offers an excellent quality of life with many cultural, outdoor activities, and multicultural resources and opportunities, as well as a very reasonable cost of living. To apply go to https://facultyjobs.ua.edu and complete the following.1) Provide a cover letter2) provide a CV3) provide a statement that articulates teaching, research, and industry experience (if applicable) in the field of digital communication (no more than 4 pages)4) provide names and contact information for three references Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, review of applications will begin October 15, 2021. Questions regarding the search should be directed to the search chair, Kenon Brown at [email protected] The University of Alabama is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and individuals from historically underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Qualifications
- Doctorate in Public Relations, Mass Communication, Communication, or closely related field completed by start date of appointment.
· Clearly articulated research and teaching agendas in the field of digital communication. · Record of teaching effectiveness, with experience in teaching relevant undergraduate courses.· Strong potential for scholarly activity in public relations flagship journals, academic or university presses, or other ranked publication outlets showing potential to lead to tenure and promotion to the rank of associate professor. Preferred Qualifications:
- We particularly welcome candidates who conduct research, via a digital communication lens, one or more of the following areas: political public relations, government public relations, military or NGO communication, public affairs, or public diplomacy in local or international contexts
- Knowledge regarding industry-standard approaches to digital communication (e.g., analytics, SEO, content creation).
- Evidence of or potential of attracting extramural funding.
· One year or more of consulting, industry, or other relevant professional experience in areas including but not limited to public relations, advertising, marketing, or digital media/social media.· Ability to conduct and teach qualitative methods.UA EEO Statement:
The University of Alabama is an Equal Employment/Equal Educational Opportunity Institution. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, genetic or family medical history information, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, and will not be discriminated against because of their protected status. Applicants to and employees of this institution are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. Follow the link below to find out more. Search Initiation Date::
“EEO is the Law” https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
“EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
09/13/2021Expected Starting Date::
Communication and Information SciencesPost To Ihe: