Job no: 518178
Work type: Temp Part-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:57810800 - HN_MUSEUM RENTALS/EVENTS
OPS Hourly Secretary/Clerk
Coordinates and oversees all facility rentals at the Harn Museum of Art.Develops and implements external event and facility rental program of the Harn Museum of ArtAdministers the rental program, including staff supervision, client relations, contract preparation, budget preparation, scheduling, coordination with vendors, and planning and staffing rental events.Responds to rental inquiries, fielding all incoming calls, questions, and requests regarding facility rentals.Shows facility rental spaces to potential clients.Assists clients with event planning and implementation that complies with established Harn Museum of Art policies.Administers rental contracts, event liability insurance policies, catering licenses, associated correspondence, and other related documents. Always maintains confidentiality of client and Harn information. Maintains and establishes fee schedules and coordinates billing and collection of fees with the Assistant Director of Accounting.Collaborates with the Facility Coordinator to establish appropriate setups and custodial services to meet the needs of events.Acts as liaison between rental clients and Harn Museum of Art.
Manages facility use of internal program events and museum rentals by University of Florida groups.Schedules space use and publishes accurate internal space use calendars.Manages established facilities use policies with attention to scheduling, equipment, food service, and security considerations. Assists with the design of event setup requests and coordinates setups/breakdowns with the facility coordinator or designated personnel to ensure events are safe and executed according to risk management and fire/life safety codes.Maintains inventory of the Harn Museum of Art hospitality-related equipment and supplies.Coordinates A/V support requirements with the Director of Museum Technology.
Outreach and MarketingIn collaboration with the Marketing and Public Relations Department, actively markets the Harn Museum of Art as a venue for events, developing a variety of opportunities to promote the Harn Museum of Art and the museum rental program. Assists the Director of Finance and Operations to develop and implement an outreach program to reach new clients and encourage repeat business from established clients.Creates and maintains client database.Collaborates with university, local and regional organizations developing opportunities to expand the Harn’s customer base and increase revenues.
SupervisionIn collaboration with the Harn Museum of Art Security Supervisor plans and schedules sufficient staffing for all events ensuring the safety of the collection and museum guests.Supervises all rental and hospitality staff during events.Assists with the recruitment, hiring, and training of student hospitality staff
Professional DevelopmentAttends training sessions and professional meetings when feasible and appropriate.
Departmental SupportProvides support to the business office by assisting with clerical activities.
OtherOther duties as assigned to achieve the smooth operation of the museum.
$14.00 per hour
High school diploma and two to three years of relevant experience with facility rentals, event management, customer service or related field required. Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area preferred.
- Superior public service skills, including planning, presenting public information, reception and orientation, events management, and coordination of support services.
- Maturity to deal with a wide variety of clients and willingness to go the extra mile to provide excellent customer service.
- Highly detail oriented; adept at trafficking logistics and prioritizing workload between several projects.
- Ability to manage hospitality-oriented programs and build staff teams to accomplish program goals.
- Excellent leadership, motivational, and training skills.
- Ability to manage program financial elements, including bookkeeping, information analysis and report writing, budget preparation and administration.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated administrative level experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications, floor plan design, and event and space scheduling and calendaring.
- Excellent email and phone etiquette; ability to adapt to varying communication styles.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 13 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 03 Oct 2021 Eastern Daylight Time