Job location: Pasadena, CA Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
R0006812 Job Description:
The Student Success Coach at Pacific Oaks Center for Community and Social Impact (CCSI) provides program support and direct coaching to our student success programs. The position requires a flexible professional interested in working across programs aimed at supporting positive community outcomes across various stakeholders. CCSI’s Student Success programs might operate with students and families in school districts, students in colleges and other community members.
This is a part-time, grant funded position.
- Provide administrative support as needed for CCSI programs, grants and community engagement activities as needed.
- Develop relationships and build rapport with students and families at the direction of the Student Success Manager.
- Partner with Director of Community Engagement to support CCSI programming and implementation as directed.
- Provide ongoing information, referrals, linkages, and advocacy for identified needs.
- Creatively use and develop community resources to broker and link clients to services.
- Develop relationships and build rapport with community assets to support successful outcomes.
- Meet with students and families on a regular basis to review, evaluate, and support goal completion.
- Document results and submit documentation in accordance with identified plans and procedures.
- Provide case management services.
- Participate in staff meetings and training as assigned by supervisor.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Higher Education environment, atmosphere and policies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint; and Goggle documents
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse cultures and populations of professionals, volunteers, community partners, family members, and youth.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to shift quickly between task without loss of continuity
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Skilled at building trust and engaging participants and communities.
- Knowledge of strength-based paradigms and interventions.
- Ability to understand and implement program design.
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to operational details
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative support experience
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience
- Ability to work occasional evenings & weekends
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS (Describe environment including exposure to heat, cold, fumes, etc.)
- Office environment; typically, 70 degrees
- Noise level is usually quiet to moderately noisy while in the office
EQUIPMENT USED: (List all manual and automated equipment used in the course of performing essential functions.)
- Frequent use of personal computer/laptop
- Copier, scanner and fax machines
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL TASKS: (Check all that apply):
☒ Standing ☒ Lifting: 20_ Lbs. ☒ Pushing/Pulling ☒ Driving
☒ Walking ☒ Carrying; 20 lbs ☒ Hearing ☒ Speaking
☒ Reaching ☒ Writing ☒ Squatting/Kneeling ☒ Seeing
☐ Climbing ☐ Pushing ☒ Other: Typing
Physical Environment - Exposed to:
☒ Noise ☒ Heat/Cold ☐ Fumes/Gases ☐ Human Tissue/Fluids
☐ Chemicals ☐ Carcinogens ☒ Dirt ☐ Animal Tissue/Fluids
☐ Toxic Chemicals ☐ Radiation ☐Other:
☐ Biohazardous Material
☒ Reading ☒ Frequent Interruptions ☒ Periods of Concentrated Attention
☒ Detailed Work ☒ Irregular Work Schedule ☒ Frequent Contact with People
☒ Frequent Deadlines ☐Other:
☒ Multiple Concurrent Tasks
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.