DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine Dean’s Office, Community Practice Division Ambulatory Registered Nurse (RN) – Urology, South DenverHealth Care Principal ProfessionalPosition #00789260 – Requisition #22828
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.School of Medicine Dean’s Office, Community Practice Division has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Health Care Principal Professional, Ambulatory Registered Nurse (RN) – Urology, South Denver position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family are responsible for performing a wide range of professional duties to support the university's teaching, research and/or service missions through the provision of health and wellness services, dealing with general, indirect patient care operations and management of healthcare services. Functions include hospital administration, healthcare regulatory compliance, patient relations, operational services, admissions, and medical records. Includes professional assignments in medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, counseling and behavioral health, public health, dietetics and nutrition, other allied health fields, alternative medicine and therapies, and related disciplines. Principal Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed at an advanced or expert level. Principal Professionals are either work leads over others or are considered a subject matter expert in a particular area.Position Summary:
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides high quality support to physicians and advanced practice providers (APPs) in meeting the operational needs of the practice and the medical needs of the patient. The RN assesses and evaluates patient conditions, and then plans, implements, provides, and documents patient care in a manner that follows professional nursing standards and outlined practices. Position Responsibilities & Essential Duties:
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms and readies them for physicians; takes vital signs, records medical history/symptoms, ensures medical chart/lab test results are available and complete.
- Performs telephone triage, patient education, handling of physician phone calls, pharmacy calls; may assist by calling to set up appointments or arrange hospital tests or admissions.
- Assists physician with procedures as necessary.
- Administers immunizations and minor treatments as prescribed; records and documents all such activities in the chart.
- Performs Nurse Visits; records, documents and performs charge entry activities in the chart.
- Cleans and stocks all patient examination rooms; cleans and prepares instruments for procedures; keeps list of needed medical supplies.
- Completes paperwork such as ordering lab tests, x-rays, school/work notes, etc.
- Clean and sterilize equipment; check and restock medication cabinet as necessary.
- Respond to patient questions and concerns as liaison between physician and patient.
- Reports all test results to the patient as directed by the physician.
- Performs OSHA controls as required. Assist in performing narcotic count.
- Performs other projects and duties as related to department objectives.
- Must be able to get along with others, to be a team player, to accept constructive criticism from supervisors and be able to follow work rules.
- Utilizes current nursing practices to provide patient care while focusing on the needs of the patient and exemplifying service excellence, care, concern, respect and cooperation. As a member of a health care team, functions in the role of patient advocate by being in the position of initial contact for patient-related issues.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for professional practice and for continued education, professional growth, and self-evaluation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Performs appropriate basic and/or routine regular delegated medical functions as directed and within appropriate scope of practice as inferred by knowledge, skill level, and CU clinic guidelines.
Supervisory Responsibility:Required Skills:
- Serves as a champion for patient safety.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies (CDPHE, CMS, OSHA, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with all infection control standards.
- Participates in CU Quality Improvement (QI) initiatives and metrics.
- Participates in practice’s process and performance improvement activities and initiatives.
- Ensures that the service expectations of both internal and external customers are met and/or exceeded.
- Must be able to travel to alternate locations as assigned
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels, to include physicians, leadership, and staff within the various affiliate organizations (UCH, Children’s Colorado, CU Medicine, CU SOM)
- Ability to work within large, complex healthcare systems
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to compile complex reports and develop presentations
- Ability to compose letters and memorandums
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures
- Ability to function independently and manage own time and work tasks
- Ability to lead work teams
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and establish direction
- Ability to organize workflow
- Ability to perform basic filing, office procedures and word processing
- Ability to plan, coordinate and develop multiple projects
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Skilled job requiring high level of adaptability and interpersonal skills
- Within Department
- Risk Management
- Safety & Infection Control
- Business Office
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Insurance Companies
- Regulatory Agencies
- Miscellaneous business partners, utilities, etc.
- Other healthcare agencies
The physical demands, work environment factors and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Frequency:
- N= Not at all
- R= Rarely: Less than once an hour
- O= Occasional: 1-4 times/hour or up to 1/3 of the shift
- F= Frequent: 5-12 times/hour or up to 2/3 of the shift
- C= Constant: More than 2/3 of the shift
StandFPush or pull with hands/armsFWalkFLift hands above headFWalk on uneven &/or slippery surfacesOClimb or balanceOSitFStoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bendFUse of handsFClimb stairsRForceful grip w/ handsFTalkCReach w/ armsFHearCLifting up to 10 lbsFWork in outdoor weather conditionsRLifting up to 25 lbsFAwkward posturesOLifting up to 50 lbsFClose vision (20” or less)CCommunicateCDistance vision (20’+)CInterpersonal skillsCPeripheral visionCAbility to adjust focusCDepth perceptionCWork in a loud environmentF
- Position requires the ability to work in multiples spaces (on and off site)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this position. This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing program through Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- 1-2 years Nursing experience
- Licensure /Certifications:
- Registered Nurse (RN), State of Colorado
- Healthcare Provider BLS
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Preferred Qualifications:
Salary and Benefits:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- 2+ years job-related/clinic experience
- RN experience in Primary Care Setting
- Bilingual, Spanish-speaking
- Nursing certification (ANCC) in specialty area
- Basic keyboarding skills
- MS Office
The hiring rate (or budgeted rate) for this position begins at $63,622 - $85,254 per year.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary rate represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the rate at the time of posting.This position is eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Job Category:
Health CarePrimary Location:
Apr 14, 2022Unposting Date: