: Academic SupportDepartment:
: Poughkeepsie, NYPosted:
: Sep 1, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, Dutchess Community College is part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country. A winner of the 2015 HEED Award for inclusiveness, DCC is dedicated to respecting individuality, embracing diversity and partnering with the community to achieve shared goals. The College welcomes applications from faculty and staff who share and are anxious to support the institution's values of Excellence, Access, Diversity, Collaboration and Accountability, and who are passionate about engaging with both students and the community.
The Educational Opportunity Program is a NYS grant funded program that supports motivated students who, due to limited financial and educational resources, have not had the same opportunity as others to achieve their academic potential.
This is a full time position. The individual in this position is expected to advocate and provide personal and academic guidance to program students. The individual will promote and support the current comprehensive system of supportive outreach and intervention strategies that promote retention and academic success within populations that are underrepresented.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Collaborate with faculty, advisors and other campus resources in facilitating student success;
- Conduct student workshops, assist in events such as orientation, recruitment, open house, recognition ceremonies and others as required;
- Administer and interpret non-cognitive assessment tools;
- Work with students to develop Individualized Pathways to Success;
- Assist in leading the Peer Leader work for the program;
- Make the appropriate community referrals as needed to program students;
- Work closely with other staff in tutoring and academic coaching assignments;
- Assist in the identification of prospective students each semester;
- Meet individually with program students throughout the semester for: academic advisement, financial aid literacy information, provide guidance with the FAFSA process;
- Generate reports with program data for SUNY and campus Institutional Research Office;
- Maintain and update student records;
- Participate in all program and college related activities as requested by program director;
- Be available/flexible to participate in evening/weekend programming as needed;
- Assist in the implementation of the EOP Summer Experience
- Masters Degree required in Counseling, Educational or Student Services, or related field OR 3 years+ of related experience working with college students or in a capacity similar to this;
- Experience working with diverse student populations; familiarity with EOP preferred;
- Knowledge of issues and factors affecting under-represented populations, trends in higher-ed as they pertain to this student population;
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills;
- Must have ability to motivate students, ability to communicate with multiple constituencies, excellent public speaking skills required;
- Knowledge of Computer Programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
Preferred Skills: Banner, Starfish, Publisher.
DCC is an AA/EOE employer. Dutchess Community College (College) as part of The State University of New York, in its continuing effort to seek equity in education and employment, and in support of federal and state anti-discrimination legislation, has adopted a policy to provide an educational and employment environment free from unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, or criminal conviction.
To apply please submit application, resume and cover letter.
Applications from minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others are encouraged (AA/EOE).
Dutchess Community College is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.