ECRH Staff Nurse-PRN Location:
Aug Univ CON-ECRH Partnership Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Responsibilities Establishes therapeutic relationships with patients and provides assigned patient care within the general policies, philosophy and objectives of the Department of Nursing and the hospital. Demonstrates knowledge and skills related to special treatment procedures for precautions, seclusions, restraints, elopements, close observations and patient/environment searches. Under limited supervision provides nursing care and delegated medical services to clients, including psychiatric evaluation and assessment to determine appropriate level of care treatment. Ensures intake assessments, observations are completed timely, and that response to treatments are communicated with both internal and external staff and professionals regarding patient disposition. Provides general oversight for direct care staff. Actively participates as a member of the interprofessional recovery team. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Completes initial and regular recurring assessments of patients to determine nursing care needs. Information is collected from history, observation, physical examination and analysis of diagnostic data. Completes required assessments within established time frames, and communicates findings as required to assure quality care.
- Monitors patient care environment milieu and maintains a safe, therapeutic environment for patients, staff and visitors. Modifies the patient care environment according to developmental needs of the patient to ensure patient and unit safety.
- Plans individual nursing care based on the findings of assessment and additional diagnostic data available in the medical record and as provided by the interprofessional care team. Contributes nursing expertise to the initial and continuing individual recovery plans of care.
- Provides direct care and supervises care provided by other direct care staff in accordance with current policies and procedures. Utilizes nursing interventions that promote safety, maintain and or restore physical and mental health, prevent illness, and promote recovery. Assures age appropriate interventions are utilized. Provides information and patient education to patients and their support systems. Provides professional nursing care independently and in cooperation with physician and nursing leadership team. Completes patient rounds timely in accordance with unit requirements and accurately documents patient observations. Modifies milieu according to developmental needs of the patients in collaboration with Treatment Team, charge nurse, and nursing leadership team.
- Evaluates the patient's response to overall care and takes corrective actions as indicated. Communicates current progress and outcomes to the recovery team, treatment team, medical and other nursing staff and may modify interventions based on patient's responses and immediate needs. Use data and feedback to improve the quality of care provided and to revise patient's plan of care.
- Documents and maintains records and charts; enters medications given and treatments administered as per nursing protocol and organization's policies and procedures. Utilizes the electronic care record to appropriately document care and education provided.
- Communicates clearly, respectfully, and effectively with patients and their support systems. Communicates with professional team members, and other hospital departments representatives to assure quality care. Utilizes verbal, written and electronic communication formats. Respects confidentiality requirements
- Provides daily supervision of direct care staff and licensed practical nurses to insure the provision of effective, efficient, and safe nursing care. Follows appropriate policies and procedures regarding delegation of tasks to other licensed and non-licensed direct care staff. May be asked to function as shift charge nurse on duty on an as needed basis.
- Provides and explains post-discharge care methods and techniques necessary for continuing patient care and rehabilitation.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature and attending related seminars and conferences. Applies pertinent new knowledge to performance of other responsibilities.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university with a minimum of one year of registered nursing experience with a preference for psychiatric mental health nursing experience. Current license to practice as a registered professional nurse in the State of Georgia. Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS/BCLS certification.Preferred Qualifications
- BSN with mental health experience.
- Certification in psychiatric/mental health nursing and/or 2 years med-surg experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentialityExcellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skillsProficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesAbility to administer prescribed medications including intravenous medications; maintain accurate and detailed reports and client records; monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity; monitor and report symptoms and changes in client condition; and to provide education to patients, families, other staff and nursing studentsShift/Salary/Benefits Shift: PRN (.49 FTE or 19.6 hours per week) Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond. Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Department Information *Multiple Positions Available*
Augusta University College of Nursing has excellent opportunities for Registered Nurses to be part of an innovative partnership that has been developed between the East Central Regional Hospital and Augusta University. The nurses will be part of an inter-professional, psychiatric/mental health team that includes staff and advanced practice nurses, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and direct care staff. The nurses will provide high quality care while practicing and mentoring on a newly developed dedicated education unit designed to teach future mental health professionals using an interdisciplinary approach. Augusta University will provide the academic resources to promote high quality practice and research.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.