Faculty/Academic StaffMajor Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Natural ScienceDepartment:
Chemistry 10032142Sub Area:
FAS- Fac./Acad StaffSalary:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceLocation:
Education/Training, Research/Scientific, Student Services/Student Affairs, Advising/Counseling, Tenure System Faculty, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
Analytical Chemistry - Tenure System
The Department of Chemistry (http://www.chemistry.msu.edu/) in the College of Natural Science at Michigan State University (MSU) seeks candidates for a tenure-track faculty position in analytical chemistry. Highly qualified candidates beyond the rank of assistant professor will also be considered. The search is open to candidates in all areas of analytical chemistry.
The analytical chemistry program at MSU is highly interdisciplinary with many opportunities to collaborate within the chemistry department and broadly across the MSU campus. The chemistry department is undertaking significant faculty hiring over the next several years to build on current strengths and expand into emerging areas of chemistry. In addition, there are exciting campus wide research initiatives on interdisciplinary science and technology, including health-related research.
Successful faculty candidates shall have demonstrated research productivity and evidence of potential for independent research, and are expected to develop a vigorous, externally-funded research program and contribute to excellence in teaching and mentoring at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
PhD in chemistry or related field
PhD in chemistry or related field
Required Application Materials
Interested individuals should upload a SINGLE PDF application package at https://jobs.msu.edu for posting 730750. To ensure a holistic assessment of candidates, we request that applications include:
- a cover letter that expresses interest in the described position within the MSU chemistry department.
- a curriculum vitae that includes any of the following information, as applicable: a list of publications, grants/fellowships received or approved, awards, contributed and invited talks/presentations, teaching and mentoring roles, leadership positions, contributions to the academic community, and efforts in public outreach.
- synopses of research interests and future research plans that also share efforts to further diversity and inclusion within the context of research (typically 2-3 proposals, approximately 2-4 pages each).
- a statement describing educational and mentoring approaches and priorities that also outlines efforts to further diversity and inclusion (1-2 pages).
- names and email addresses of three references who will be contacted directly by Michigan State University to submit letters of recommendation.Questions regarding the position may be directed to Prof. Gary Blanchard, Chair of the Search Committee ([email protected]).
Questions regarding the position may be directed to Prof. Gary Blanchard, Chair of the Search Committee ([email protected]).
Together-we-will StatementThe university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Review of Applications Begins On
At the College of Natural Science, we use discovery, innovation and our collective ingenuity to advance knowledge across the natural sciences. Through equitable, inclusive practices in research, education and service, we empower our students, staff and faculty to solve challenges in a complex and rapidly changing world.
MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer and is committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce and inclusive culture that encourages all people to reach their full potential. The University actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities. MSU is committed to providing a work environment that supports employees' work and personal life, and offers employment assistance to the spouse or partner of candidates for faculty and academic staff positions.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Sep 9, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Sep 9, 2023 Eastern Daylight Time