Job location: Wichita, KS Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R0006751 Job Description:
KHSC-KansasCOM is currently recruiting for a Registrar to join the Student Affairs and Services team. The Registrar serves as the primary leader for the KHSC-KansasCOM’s Office of the Registrar and reports to the Associate Dean of Student Affairs and Services. This position directs the day-to-day management of the office including processes regarding compliance in policy and regulatory entities in enrollment verification, academic records and institutional data needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the day-to-day management of the department including department budget, the hiring and development of department staff and other resources
- Responsible for the management of student enrollment verification processes in compliance of all organization and regulatory policies.
- Creates, executes and maintains processes regarding student academic records including processing of grades, student records release, and student data accuracy and integrity within the student management system.
- Communicates with students, faculty, and other internal/external constituencies in a timely, supportive, empathetic manner adhering to processes and policies regarding the dissemination of information on advisor partnerships, academic status, documentation, and reporting.
- Serves as KHSC’s primary expert on student record privacy and compliance.
- Provides training and updates to the KansasCOM community on student record privacy laws and regulations.
- Develops and implements all systems designed to insure the privacy of all student educational records consistent with all Family Educational Records Privacy Act (FERPA) laws and regulations.
- Oversees and/or has ownership of the production of various student related publications including academic calendar, catalog, and Student Handbook.
- Serves as the liaison to administer academic university policies and ensure compliance with governmental and/or regulatory entities.
- Develops, recommends, and implements policies (identifying needs, making revisions, producing changes, disseminating information, etc.).
- Serves as liaison with governmental and regulatory offices (attending meetings, participating in conference calls, evaluating data, monitoring communication for compliance, effecting change, producing reports, etc.).
- Provides leadership, trainings, and oversight within the Registrar’s office that underscores the highest levels of customer service and care.
- Oversees the accuracy, integrity, and delivery of institutional data.
- Serves as a “super user” of the KHSC student information database.
- Provides oversight and guidance in how to best use KHSC’s student information database to deliver data throughout campus with efficiency, accuracy, and integrity.
- Leads KHSC’s efforts to digitalize all student academic records.
- Contributes to team effort by performing other duties as needed/assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Organized, detail oriented, and have initiative to follow through to completion.
- Highly self-motivated, disciplined, and team oriented.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively and diplomatically interact with all KansasCOM constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, lead staff to optimal levels of productivity, and balance multiple projects in stressful situations, while meeting deadlines and maintaining positive relations.
- Must have the ability to analyze a situation, provide one-on-one feedback, and effectively handle and resolve problems.
- Master’s degree in Student Services, Educational Administration, or related degree.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a leadership position in records retention or academic student services required.
- Demonstrated knowledge/skill of database programs, student information systems, PCs, and networks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all laws, policies, and procedures related to student academic records, the admissions process, and student rights essential.
Normal office environment.
Either directly or indirectly supervises all personnel within the Office of the Registrar. Will work with the Student Affairs Leadership Team as a key leadership position in the department.
Kansas Health Science Center offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Kansas Health Science Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.