Inside Higher Ed is the leading digital media company serving the higher education space. Born digital in the 21st Century at the height of the Internet revolution, our publication has become trusted, go-to source of online news, thought leadership, and opinion over the last decade. Recently we have experienced massive audience and user growth. We need your help to capitalize on this expansion.
The Careers Team
Inside Higher Ed, Careers is committed to partnering with institutions and the higher education community to offer advice, tips, diversity news, and job listings to support the advancement of education. Specifically, our team delivers recruitment products and services to enable institutions to attract the highest quality candidates.
The Careers Account Manager (AM) partners with top-level academic affairs and HR professionals at colleges and universities to renew and upsell our recruitment products and services. This role is critical to our success. We are looking for a hungry, driven, ambitious, proven account manager who wants to grow their career. The AM’s sole function in life is to support and build strong relationships with their clients and leverage data, trends, and current events to renew and upsell. You will be handsomely rewarded for your success, and you will have an uncapped compensation plan. The AM position reports to the Director of Careers.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships
- Forecast and execute annual renewals
- Identify and conduct upsells within assigned territory
- Serve as main point of contact for customer inquiries within assigned territory
- Work with Inside Sales Directors to transition new clients during onboarding process
- Become an expert on Inside Higher Ed Career’s products and services. Understand the different features, functionality, and value proposition of each product or service.
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales quota.
- Collaborate with sales team to share sales strategies, market information, and account information to drive personal and team success.
- Maintain and update all contact, account, and opportunity records in Salesforce; update Salesforce with relevant account information and activity.
- Work with General Manager to refine strategy and tactics to maximize effectiveness and drive forecast accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency with Microsoft Office, Salesforce CRM, Outreach, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years of account management experience; preferably in the higher education industry or in recruitment and talent acquisition
- Track record of hitting quota
- A "take no prisoners attitude": motivated to succeed for self and team equally
- Ability to learn on the fly and figure out the right strategy to win
- Ability and enthusiasm to build effective relationships with a wide range of people
- Proven success selling to VP-level executives and above
Experience with building proposals that contain compelling reasons to act and creativity when negotiating contracts
What you’ll earn
- Competitive base salary.
- Generous incentive plans.
- Comprehensive health benefits package.
- Company short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Company 401k with match.
- Company culture that recognizes its employees.
- Room for growth and development and management that cares about your professional growth and will help you achieve your goals.