03-Sep-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Hourly Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for a Maintenance Technician - Housing position in the Department of Facilities and Plant Operations.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
The Maintenance Technician-Plumber is responsible to complete a variety of task to maintain and repair the campus buildings and equipment. The primary function of this position is to maintain and repair plumbing systems but will assist with other building trade tasks.
- Perform plumbing repair and maintenance.
- Check gas leaks and repair.
- Open clogged drains.
- Serve as a lead worker on plumbing projects
- Perform general maintenance tasks.
- Install, maintain, and repair plumbing fixtures and appliances.
- Conducts regular inspections/service on equipment requiring routine adjustments or maintenance.
- Assist all other employees during special events.
- Respond to after hours emergencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of commercial/industrial plumbing experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.
- Journeyman or Master Plumbing License
- Experience working in a university setting.
- Other MEP trades skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of building trades, methods, and practices, specifically plumbing.
- Ability to operate various hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of applicable plumbing codes and ordinances.
- Ability to evaluate objectively, assembly, install, and repair pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to carry at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladder and step ladder.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact FVSU's Office of Human Resources at [email protected]
. Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status.Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com