DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Neurology Open Rank: Assistant Professor or Associate Professor – Epilepsy PhysicianPosition #00756550– Requisition #22704
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Neurology has an opening for a full-time Assistant Professor or Associate Professor –Epilepsy Physician position. Nature of Work:
- Providing clinical care to children and adolescents with general neurological disorders including recurrent headaches, epilepsy, and other common neurological disorders in an outpatient and inpatient setting.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Position Emphasis:
The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Primary responsibility for the management of children and adolescents with a variety of acute and chronic neurological conditions including epilepsy, recurrent headaches, and tics, and other movement disorders at our outpatient/inpatient clinics or Network of Care location
- Serve as a member of interdisciplinary inpatient team providing evaluation and management of children and adolescents with acute and chronic neurological diseases;
- On-going follow-up care both in clinic and by phone, for neurology patients;
- Participation and contribution to the training, mentorship and education of residents, fellows and APP's;
- Contribute to the program development, including involvement in ongoing QI projects.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Salary and Benefits:
The hiring rate (or budgeted rate) for this position has been established at:
- Assistant Professor: $195,000.00
- Associate Professor: $215,600.00
The above salary rate represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the rate at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
Please contact [email protected]
for information on disability accommodations. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Associate ProfessorDoctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine;Board Certified or Eligible in American Academy of Psychiatry and Neurology with Clinical Epilepsy or an equivalent board certification;Completion of residency training in Child Neurology;6 or more years of clinical experience;Prior experience with program development, teaching or research;Examples of scholarship.Conditions of Employment:
- Assistant Professor
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine;
- Board Certified or Eligible in American Academy of Psychiatry and Neurology with Clinical Epilepsy or an equivalent board certification;
- Completion of residency training in Child Neurology;
- 0-6 years of clinical experience, interest in pursuing academic promotion.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
- Strong communication skills; both written and orally;
- Broad knowledge and clinical skills in pediatric neurology;
- Commitment to Patient Safety, Quality Care, Communication, and Customer Service.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Job Category:
- Previous work experience in a Child Neurology practice: Private or Academic;
- Previous experience performing work in quality improvement projects in Child Neurology;
- Previous teaching experience.
Sep 8, 2021Unposting Date: