Compliance Investigator IIAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
Employee Development & Compliance ServicesProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
Under the direction of the Deputy Title IX Coordinator, the Compliance Investigator II conducts investigations and prepares reports on matters including, but not limited to, employment, civil rights, and Title IX. Provides compliance services support in mandatory training, ADA, compiling reports/statistics, and affirmative action/equal opportunity. Required to perform duties at the worksite, and work evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary. Perform other related responsibilities as assigned or requested.Responsibilities: Investigations
- Receive and Investigate employment complaints and Title IX complaints filed by students, staff, faculty, or third parties in accordance with TAMUS regulations and University rules/procedures.
- Maintain accurate, thorough, and confidential investigation report documentation and case files.
- Prepares well-reasoned and written reports with supporting exhibits in accordance with prescribed timelines.
- Participates in student and employee hearings.
- Serves as a member of a team on equity and civil rights matters; provides advice and guidance as well as administrative, educational, and leadership to faculty, staff, and/or students on discrimination, affirmative action and equal opportunity matters
Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
- Assist and serve as liaison between the department and assigned colleges/divisions in civil rights compliance, training records, and affirmative action utilization and goals.
- Develop constructive working relationships with all departments, especially with assigned departments.
- Provide support in the development and implementation of university wide compliance program. Assist with written policies and procedures related to compliance activities. Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Maintain and monitor data and prepare statistics for quarterly and annual compliance reports.
- Assist in the training of multiple audiences and constituencies across the university about prevention of discrimination and harassment and how to respond to allegations that the university's nondiscrimination policies and regulations may have been violated.
- Receive and facilitate the interactive process for employees' requests for accommodations in under ADA/Sect. 504.
- Conduct outreach efforts to inform persons with disabilities of employment opportunities in accordance with affirmative action plan (AAP) for persons with disabilities.
- Research, evaluate, and prepare input of compliance efforts for annual AAP for persons with disabilities
- Bachelor's degree in business, pre-law, human resource administration, or relevant related field.
- 4 years' of experience in conducting investigations.
- Knowledge of conducting investigations, and civil rights/employment law.
- Excellent written, verbal, and report preparation skills.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects under strict deadlines.
- High level of personal integrity, and ability to professionally handle confidential matters with an appropriate level of judgement and maturity.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled at managing difficult conversations and assessing parties/witness credibility.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and affirmative action.
- Master's degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Higher Ed. Administration, or relevant related field.
- 3 years Civil Rights investigation experience.
- ATIXA and/or SCCE investigation certification.
- SPHR/PHR/SHRM-CP/SCCE certification.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Compliance-Investigator-II_R-040377-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency