Bard CollegeBenefits CoordinatorEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/93998Benefits Coordinator
Bard College seeks a Benefits Coordinator to process benefit enrollments, changes and terminations for the Human Resources Department. The primary focus would include benefit deduction data entry into the BANNER system and benefit portals, assistance with open enrollment, and coordination of unemployment claims. The successful candidate will have benefit administration and Banner experience; or alternatively, would have applicable experience working with data management systems, an interest in benefit administration, and the ability to learn new systems quickly. The ideal candidate will work independently and in a group and be successful at working in a fast-paced environment and communicating with colleagues at all levels. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Key Responsibilities:
● Send enrollment emails to new hires upon benefit eligibility date.
● Enter all new hires into Alera Edge portal.
● Data entry into BANNER as it pertains to benefit deductions for
● Build relationships with colleagues college-wide to answer basic benefit questions.
● Maintain benefit termination log.
● Maintain employee records as they relate to benefits; filing.
● Responds to Unemployment Claims with People Systems and various states’ requests.
● Other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications
● Associates Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or closely related field (or the equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired).
● Proficient with business application software, such as MS Office Suite and Google Suite.
● Exceptional customer service and communication (written and verbal) skills.
● Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality. Preferred Qualifications
● Bachelor’s or higher in Human Resources.
● PHR or SPHR certification.
● Experience and aptitude working with data management systems, such as Banner
● Experience in higher education or other educational settings. Work Schedule:
Full-time, 9-5 with a one (1) hour unpaid meal break. Physical Demands
● Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in a standard office environment.
● Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds.
● Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed.To Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three references to Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/93998Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.