Search #: 495580
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Administrative Services
The Department of Pathobiology and Veterinary Services seeks applicants for the position of Administrative Program Support 1. The Administrative Program Support 1 will work as part of the main office staff providing general administrative and academic program support and provides responsible administrative support to faculty, staff, students, and other personnel in the Department of Pathobiology and Veterinary Science; works under the general direction of a supervisor or manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Provide general administrative support to faculty, staff, and students
- Develop and maintain marketing and promotional efforts for departmental programs, including the Undergraduate Enrollment Enrichment Program and Undergraduate Curriculum Revision Effort using social media and university communication platforms. Maintain communication with Undergraduate Curriculum Committee and other faculty to keep abreast of reportable progress achieved in these programs and disseminate information as requested.
- Serve as the primary departmental resource providing guidance and assistance to faculty, staff, and students in all matters pertaining to university-required travel; coordinate travel arrangements for visitors; process all post-travel reimbursements and monitor payments for accuracy
- Serve as the primary departmental resource providing guidance and assistance to faculty, staff, and students in all matters pertaining to purchasing and receiving. Troubleshoot purchase order and invoice issues with Accounts Payable.
- Serve as the Facilities Liaison for Department/Atwater Building and surrounding grounds. Will work closely with outside contractors and UConn Facilities to address building and occupant concerns, attend meetings with facilities as representative of the Department, process and follow up on work orders, coordinate with EHS to maintain certifications on biosafety hoods, schedule preventative maintenance and/or equipment repair for lab and office equipment through University Tech Services and outside contractors.
- Maintain inventory and service maintenance contracts for Departmental equipment, track controllable property, and process inventory documentation for proper disposal of surplus
- Develop, maintain and regularly update content on the Department’s social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Maintain and update the Departmental website.
- Coordinate calendars for seminar and meeting rooms; assist with arrangements for events, including catering, room reservations, and pre-approvals.
- Coordinate all arrangements for guest speakers for the weekly Comparative Pathology Seminar - travel and/or accommodation arrangements as needed and process honoraria
- Assist faculty with course schedule revisions and timely submission of revisions to the Registrar’s Office.
- Assist with the planning, execution, and advertisement of the Department’s academic, research, recruiting, and alumni relations events.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSAssociate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.1-3 years of experience in a responsible administrative support position, which demonstrates knowledge of administrative methods.Ability to work independently and in a team setting while regularly exercising judgment regarding administrative detail and procedures.Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven ability to establish a good working relationship with coworkers and a variety of constituents, inside and outside the University.Excellent organizational skills.Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks at one time.Clear, positive, and professional written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills.Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSBachelor’s Degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.Experience working at a university or in a collegiate setting, preferably in a biology or biology-related departmentExperience with Kuali/KFS/KFDM, Husky Buy, PeopleSoft, Concur, and/or Asset Panda.Demonstrated ability to work effectively with communication technologies, including experience with social media platforms and website maintenance.Experience working with people from diverse academic, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds. Familiarity with policies and procedures related to Procurement and Travel at the University of Connecticut.
This is a 12-month, full-time, annually renewable position.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495580 to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three (3) professional references. Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on October 2, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Sep 02 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 02 2021 Eastern Daylight Time