Director of Research Infrastructure Support
San Antonio, TX
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property—for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online
, on UTSA Today
or on Twitter
UTSA is situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice. Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 10/10/2021. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.Salary
Salary Range: $81,092 - $85,000 annualized, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications. Hours per Week
Exempt Position: 40 hours per week. Required Application Materials
Essential Functions Function:
- Resume is required.
- Cover letter is preferred.
Leads the development and enhancement of research core facilities. Coordinates with core facility management to establish and operationalize the appropriate and necessary research infrastructure to advance the institutions research mission and to facilitate productive and sustainable research activities and external engagement.Scope:
Responsible for providing leadership and guidance on the enhancement of strategic, administrative, operational, and marketing activities of research core facilities.
Research Core Facilities:Typical:
Provide direction and support in the development and implementation of (a) strategic plans for existing research core facilities and prioritization of future instrumentation and services; and (b) marketing plans at the city, state, and national levels for existing and new research core facilities and for new potential users to increase revenue and reduce subsidy. Evaluate current business processes for research core facilities and develop best practices for operational and financial management. Oversee the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures by which internal and external investigators can access research core facility resources. Lead the initiation/revision of procedures and policies to ensure compliance with new/revised regulations and guidelines. Create, understand and monitor quality assurance metrics to ensure continuous improvement of workflow and research core facility services. Develop and implement short- and long-term funding options for strategic projects and on-ongoing operations. Coordinate applications for extramural funds to increase and upgrade the institution's instrumentation portfolio. Explore opportunities to develop collaborative core facilities to expand capabilities and avoid duplication of services.Periodic
Promote activities on and off campus. Devise and implement strategies for outreach and education. Keep senior management apprised of compliance issues and risks. Required Qualifications
- Master's degree from accredited university.
- Five years of increasingly advanced experience in an academic setting and working knowledge of core facility purpose and functions.
- Advanced experience developing budgets that are compliant with Federal Cost Accounting principles.
- Experience in business strategy and operations and in developing business models/marketing services to both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships among stakeholders in university, industry, government and/or the non-profit sector.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal communication skills and comfortable with public speaking.
- Outstanding leadership skills and the ability to build transdisciplinary teams.
- Ph.D. in an applicable discipline.
- Experienced technical writer.
- Understanding of scholarly output including maximizing funded research.
- Experience working with information systems and programs.
- Experienced working within a technology focused environment.
Telecommuters may be required to work on campus at times; travel and parking expenses are the employee's responsibility. It is expected that this position will return to campus in the future. Applicants must be adaptable and open to working in both environments.
This position will be primarily located:
Hybrid - Regularly (Individuals that split their time working remotely and on campus) Additional Information
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check. Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=6572&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency