Faculty - Sociology (adjunct)Classification Title:
Part Time FacultyMin Salary:
E = ExemptPosition Type::
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College (RCCC), is seeking a part-time, adjunct instructor for Sociology. All hours are available at all campus locations (a total of 5 campuses, ranging from Concord to Salisbury, NC). Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills::
The adjunct Sociology position is for classroom only. We DO NOT have any openings for online Sociology positions.
- Applicants must have Master’s degree in Sociology or master’s degree in another discipline with 18 hours graduate credit in sociology with a SOC prefix. Department::
- Computer/technological skills are required.
- Flexibility in schedule (days/times), as well as the ability to drive to multiple campuses (our campuses range from Concord to Salisbury, NC).
Lib Arts - Social SciencesWork Hours::
11/12/2021Open Until Filled:
NoDuty and Responsibility::
1. Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet student learning outcomes. Duty and Responsibility::
2. Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duty and Responsibility::
3. Communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duty and Responsibility::
4. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duty and Responsibility::
5. Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duty and Responsibility::
6. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duty and Responsibility::
7. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duty and Responsibility::
8. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.