Trinity Christian College seeks a full-time Administrative Coordinator for the Nursing Department. The coordinator shall provide advanced administrative and support duties of the office under the direction of the Chair of the Nursing Department; serve as the principle point of administrative contact and liaison for department; accurately interpret college policies, standards and requirements and explain procedures to students and families and college staff and faculty; serve as a resource to faculty and students regarding admission qualifications; implement processes to ensure the proper functioning and information flow of the department; establish and maintain contact with faculty, students, alumni, other college departments and other hospital agency personnel; maintain departmental records; maintain confidentiality regarding all matters of the office.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Organize and manage the day-to-day activities of the nursing department to ensure efficient and effective office operations; coordinate communications; and assist the chair with administrative matters.
- Create, prepare and maintain correspondence and information for students, faculty, chair and clinical agencies. Such correspondence and information may include a variety of materials (i.e. reports, surveys, forms, charts, formal clinical requests), including documents of a confidential nature.
- Maintain student and faculty records for health documentation requirements for clinical portion of program.
- Dissemination of information to students regarding admission, registration, and progression functions. Tracking and follow-up for student progression including data gathering and preparation for processing of eligibility for Department of Nursing.
- Serve as a departmental representative for Admissions. Assist with student recruitment by acting as an information source to inquiries and answering questions related to student eligibility and interpretation of detailed department policies, procedures and program requirements. Meet with prospective students and families as needed. Partner with Admissions and Registrar’s office to facilitate registration, transfer credit assessment, and student registration.
- Develop and implement projects as assigned including but not limited to: support documentation for credentialing bodies, coordination of student evaluation of nursing courses and clinical experiences, assist with updating Department of Nursing Handbook, provide statistical data for departmental reports.
- Coordinate and assist with scheduling and planning of departmental activities and events in support of faculty, students, the public and other Trinity officials for event planning; Schedule room reservations, appointments, meetings, and arrange for catering services; Facilitate planning for special events (ie Commitment to Caring and Nursing Pinning Ceremony)
- Obtain and provide information to assist with the implementation of projects, activities and special events.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees at Trinity Christian College and interface with other departments, transmitting information accurately and tactfully.
- Act as an information source to inquiries and requests from faculty and students on a wide variety of program and academic issues requiring the application and interpretation of detailed department policies, procedures and program requirements.
- Maintain a variety of files and records, including some that are confidential in nature, e.g. individual student course grades and averages. Compile and analyze complex statistical data for a variety of internal and external reports such as course and clinical evaluations, course grade averages, IDFPR annual report, AACN annual report, NCLEX results, and various alumni surveys with data compilation.
- Order, issue and maintain department supplies and process invoice payments.
- Perform related duties as assigned by department chair and faculty.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/priorities at a time.
- Demonstrates significant initiative and ability to self-organize with established priorities in consultation with the nursing chair. Self-directed.
- Knowledge of academic processes and documents especially related to admissions, eligibility for progression, student records and reports, especially evaluation of academic transcript.
- Knowledge of department and college policies, procedures, and practices with the ability to answer questions; and/or interpret and apply these guidelines correctly in various situations.
- Computer skills for intermediate to advanced word processing, manuscript preparation, and email required.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, sensitivity to, and appreciation for, the academic, ethnic, socio-economic, disability and gender diversity of students and staff attending or working on the Trinity Christian College campus.
- Maintains confidentiality and security procedures related to records and other information.
- Extensive working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Knowledge of a variety of internet applications, networks, and operating systems
- Ability to troubleshoot technology issues
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and operating systems
The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage strategic relationships along with support and guidance to students. Regular balancing of priorities and decision making in areas that impact students and the department. Moderate level of independent action and decision making is required. This position will work closely with clinical agencies to ensure departmental compliance with external requirements, engagement with prospective students and families and will be the initial point of contact for questions from external agencies for the department. A significant portion of work is computer related.
Trinity Christian College seeks candidates that have a personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, and a sincere allegiance to the mission of the college.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following during the online application process:
- A brief cover letter
- Professional resume
- A written statement that describes his/her Christian faith commitment and how it is expressed through involvement with the body of Christ and participation in a local church
Trinity welcomes a response from diverse candidates. EOE