Asst Boiler Operator / Maintenance WorkerCampus:
201100735Full or Part Time:
YesJob Description Summary:
The overall purpose of this position is to assists in maintaining heating, ventilating, air conditioning systems and related DDC and pneumatic controls. Duties and Responsibilities:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This job description does not include all of the tasks associated with this position; other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains, repairs, and replaces hot water, condenser, and chilled water systems, including pumps, control valves, heat exchangers, and related controls.
- Enters and tracks maintenance work orders using a computerized maintenance management system, including work status, labor, and materials.
- Maintains, repairs, and replaces air-moving, heating, cooling, humidification, and filtering equipment and systems such as fans, heat pumps, fan coil units, rooftop packages air conditioning units, solar panels, electronic and pneumatic modulating thermostats, pressure and volume controls.
- Maintains, repairs and replaces low- and high-pressure boilers combustion and control systems.
- Fabricates tubing or piping for pneumatic control systems, which may involve soldering, brazing, welding, etc.
- Operates energy management or building automation systems that control heating and cooling systems.
- Reads and records gauge readings on various types of equipment.
- Performs minor installation or modification work on heating and cooling systems and controls, including planning the work; estimating the cost of the work; and ordering the materials, supplies, and equipment required.
- Inspects work site and plans work with consideration for the impact on other trades and occupants.
- Modifies and controls systems in an effort to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Must be able to participate in on-call duty rotation.
- Assists in snow removal from roads and walkways using snowplows, snowblowers, and other equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance in an effort to increase efficiencies and reduce downtime performs related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Two years of experience in commercial boiler operation or related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of refrigeration theory and computation of heating and cooling loads and capacities.
- Ability to use hand tools and testing/measuring devices associated with this position.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical instructions.
- Ability to accurately maintain equipment inventory and history records.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and to present facts clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to respond to after-hour call-ins for snow removal operations and/or other emergencies in a timely manner.
- Must possess a valid Maine driver’s license.
- Must be able to work well independently or as part of a team and adhere to university policies.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and nights when required.
Education: High school diploma is requiredPhysical Requirements:
Master Oil Burner Certification preferred
Experience: At least two years of related experience and/or training. Experience using computers, basic tools, and equipment related to this job description is required. Knowledge of natural gas and propane is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Open Until Filled:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to continuously reach and work overhead. The employee is also required to frequently stand, walk, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb stairs and ladders (with heights from 4 to 12 feet), talk, and use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel. The employee is also required to occasionally sit, crawl, climb into and out of the waste collections truck, operate foot controls on automobiles and equipment, push/pull and lift/carry equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds, and work while on ladders, staging, and lifts. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
YesQuick Link to Posting: