Stewardship and Communications CoordinatorCampus:
201100741Full or Part Time:
YesJob Description Summary:
The Stewardship and Communications Coordinator is responsible for duties that are essential to the effective stewardship of University donors, alumni and friends. Those functions include ensuring that donor intentions are honored, donors are recognized, and communications are produced, as part of a comprehensive stewardship program.Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works as part of an integrated team to establish overall goals and strategies for increasing private support to the University. Education and Experience:
• Provides professional support to the staff in implementing donor recognition, donor stewardship and other related activities.
• Works in conjunction with Finance, Financial Aid, and other departments to track all endowed and restricted fund balances and ensures available funds are being utilized to donor intent.
• Works in conjunction with Marketing to develop donor impact reports and customized stewardship materials.
• Assists in coordination of donor recognition and stewardship events.
• Coordinates specific donor communications such as pledge reminders and statements of understanding for endowed funds.
• In coordination with Advancement Services, devises a comprehensive gift acknowledgement process that encourages donor retention.
• Manages a portfolio designed to enhance stewardship with key constituents.
• Serves as a cross-trained back up for Advancement Services in gift and data entry, reporting, and event record maintenance.
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Physical Requirements:
Must be able to work independently and without supervision. Have excellent written and oral communication skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office products. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is preferred. Needs to have attention to detail, good judgment and mature decision making abilities. The ability to maintain confidentiality and the aptitude to work closely with donors and recipients is essential. Occasional evening, weekend, travel and overnight work is required.
Education and Experience
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experience with Blackbaud/Raisers Edge a plus
• Bachelors degree preferred
• Advancement experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Open Until Filled:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
YesQuick Link to Posting: