Research Associate Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications Master's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and experience in research, basic science or clinical laboratory particularly clinical trial research.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and a minimum of three years' research and/or clinical experience; previous supervisory experience.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentiality
Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesPreferred Qualifications Prior experience in molecular and cell biology and animal studies using the following techniques: gene cloning, expression and knockdown, RT-PCR and Q-PCR, western botting, immunohistochemistry, immunoprecipitation, mammalian tissue culture and transfection, cell proliferation and death assays, and flow cytometry, maintaining mouse lines and genotyping.Responsibilities The selected candidate will be responsible for conducting research in the laboratory of Dr. Tianxiang Hu in the Georgia Cancer Center. The main area of research is the molecular control of leukemia initiation and progression, using cell and animal models. The duties include but are not limited to: participate in project planning and development, conduct experiments and analyze results, work with small animals and patient samples, routing daily laboratory work such as maintaining cell and mouse lines, and laboratory records and inventories.https://www.augusta.edu/cancer/research/labs/tianxiang-hu.php The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols.
- Conduct experiments and analyze results of experiments. These include experiments in Biochemistry, Molecular. Work with small animals, maintain cell and mouse lines.
- In addition to general responsibilities above, the duties include but not limited to, determining needed new laboratory supplies and equipment, making responsible purchasing decisions, placing orders, maintaining computer database and laboratory records and inventories (e.g. chemicals, supplies, frozen cells culture stocks, frozen tissues and protein samples, antibodies, mouse logs, etc.) and equipment service records, keeping laboratory equipment functional, preparation/update of animal use, biosafety and chemical protocols, and coordinating daily operation and cleanliness of the laboratory.
- Attend lab meetings and discuss results, offer opinions and insight on technical problem solving and future scientific directions.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F, Work outside of the normal business hours may be required. Pay Grade: R14 Salary: $36,197/Annually - $44,018.65/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.