Req ID: req10044 Position Title: Clinical Assistant or Associate Professor of Physician Assistant Program Position Type: Faculty Position Number: GF9902 OSU Campus: Center for Health Sciences - Tulsa Department: Physician Assistant Studies Location Address:
1111 W 17th St
Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74107
United States Hiring Supervisor: Hiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding): 0.00 - 0.00, Commensurate with education and experience Work Schedule: Typically 5 days/week, 8 hours/day Faculty Appt Period: Job Summary: The Clinical Assistant or Associate Professor is consideredPrincipal Faculty for the Physician Assistant Program. Principal Facultysupport the program director and the medical director in ensuring didacticinstruction meets current practice standards as it relates to the PA role inproviding patient care in accordance with the ARC-PA Standards and OklahomaState University policies.
This position will have academic responsibilities, as well as clinical practice. Some duties may include classroom and lab instruction, program review and assessment activities, student recruitment, and providing medical care to patients within an OSU sponsored clinic.
This position is non-tenure track.
Possible exposure to hazardous material, hot andcold, blood borne pathogens.
Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds, stoop, reach, stand, walk, finger,grasp, feel, talk, hear, see, and perform repetitive motions with or withoutreasonable accommodations.
(Ifyou are viewing this job posting outside of the actual OSU job applicationwebsite, please go to jobs.okstate.edu to apply and submit a resume.) Special Instructions to Applicants Education & Experience
Position Qualifications: Required:
- Master’s degree from an accredited Physician Assistant program
- NCCPA certification
- Current State License preferably with current DEA, OBNDD
- Clinical experience of two (2) or more years working full-time as a physician assistant
- Teaching experience, with an emphasis in PA education
- Knowledge and understanding of PA program organization, administration
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership skills demonstrated by participation in local, regional or national PA programs
- ACL, BLS, PALS certification Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit http://eeo.okstate.edu.
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.