Harvard UniversityOperations Coordinator
Harvard Kennedy School
The Operations team at the Belfer Center works directly for the Executive Director and Directors, implementing Center-wide policies, operational standards, communications, and programming. This two-person team works closely with the leadership team to execute the strategic direction of the Center.
Reporting directly to the Associate Director for Operations and supporting the Executive Director, the Operations Coordinator works independently to perform a wide range of complex and confidential duties. These include: conceptualizing and executing event series, managing student and professional fellowships, serving as the Center liaison to certain student groups, and supporting the Center's council of donors and advisors. In addition, the Coordinator provides direct administrative support to the Executive Director of the Center. Who you are:
Why this job is for you:
- Interest and knowledge of policy areas in foreign policy, international affairs, public policy and technology
- Flexible and ready to dive in no matter how big or small the task; able to prioritize and shift between projects in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Energized by building positive, empowering relationships and working with multiple groups - a demonstrated ability to effectively work with a variety of constituencies
- Details are your thing; you are on top of logistics, communications, and scheduling
- Interested in learning how to leverage all available resources (people, systems, technology, facilities) to enhance programming
- Thrive in an environment where transparency is strongly valued, but also understand and use discretion when working with confidential and sensitive information
- Committed to working on a collaborative team
- You can take advantage of having a view from the largest research center at the Harvard Kennedy School
- You will have opportunities to use your substantive knowledge and interests to inform the Center's programming and events
- Join a group of talented staff, fellows, student, faculty colleagues committed to excellence
- Grow your career here - be exposed to the inner workings of a world-renowned school of public policy and develop your skills and experience
- Experience a truly impressive degree of operational excellence and opportunities for your development
403134 Coordinator IJob-Specific Responsibilities
- Coordinates and executes events and event series, such as the Belfer Board lunches and Belfer Policy Chats.
- Manages select fellowship cohorts at the Center, by providing administrative support during the application and selection processes, developing and executing programming, maintaining an alumni database, and serving as the main point-of-contact for fellows.
- Facilitates outreach to student groups, including identifying opportunities for student involvement, maintaining the Belfer student webpage, and developing student-focused programming.
- Supports the Center's council of donors helping plan and execute programming and convenings.
- Provides administrative and scheduling support to the Center Executive Director.
- Organizes and implements Center-wide administrative systems and procedures
- May arrange for use of facilities and advise availability of service within and outside the University for gatherings such as conferences and seminars. Uses a pre-assigned event/function budget; assigns and coordinates down, classroom, AV and other facilities on behalf of program; makes recommendations for food and activities for participants.
- May monitor and reconcile budget(s), principally related to student research projects or conferences. Makes recommendations on expenditures towards a defined budget.
2 years of relevant work experience in project management or program implementationAdditional Qualifications and Skills
- Must have strong writing skills and be able to produce concise research or status update memos for the Executive Director/Directors.
- Able to prioritize work under deadlines, the ability to be flexible and agile in high-pressure situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Adobe. Salesforce is a plus.
- Excellent communications skills
- Dedicated team player that shows initiative, is a self-starter and works independently
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex tasks/events with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, project management, and organizational skills
- College degree in political science, international affairs, public policy, or history, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and creatively problem-sol
- We regret that the Harvard Kennedy School does not provide Visa Sponsorship.
- Harvard University requires pre-employment references and background checks.
- Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environment.
During the current period of Covid-19 related restrictions, this position may start as a remote position, with transition to onsite in Cambridge, Massachusetts when the office reopens.
We continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 and lifting of restrictions. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility with our interview process. We will be conducting interviews virtually for selected candidates until further notice.
Harvard will require COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members who will have any on-campus presence. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University's COVID vaccination requirement and exceptions may be found at the University's "COVID-19 Vaccine Information" webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/
. Salary Range:
$53,275 - $ 83,995Note:
Starting salaries typically fall in the lower half of the salary range; however, they are ultimately determined by the scope of the position, the candidate's relevant experience, and internal equity. Harvard Kennedy School's Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Harvard Kennedy School, fostering a diverse and inclusive community where everyone feels they belong is a matter of basic fairness consistent with our core values as an institution. It is also essential to our mission of improving public policy and leadership-because recruiting the best people and creating an environment where they can thrive make us better at what we do, because we learn more from people with different perspectives, and because we work in diverse groups and serve diverse societies.
Learn more about Harvard Kennedy School's commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
Harvard Kennedy School's mission is to improve public policy and leadership so people can live in societies that are more safe, free, just, and sustainably prosperous. Our teaching, research, and engagement with practitioners focus on these priorities:
- Protecting security, freedom, and human rights
- Strengthening democracy
- Advancing social justice
- Increasing economic well-being
- Enhancing sustainability
- Improving public leadership and management
You can be part of this endeavor. Explore and learn more about Harvard Kennedy School
.Harvard offers a generous benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
General AdministrationSub Unit
USA - MA - CambridgeDepartment
Belfer CenterTime Status
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech WorkersSalary Grade
8 - 4 Monday through FridayEEO Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.