: Division of Liberal ArtsLocations:
: Des Plaines, ILPosted:
: Aug 30, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under supervision, provide administrative and office support services to one or more administrator/faculty/staff members in the college. Exercise independent judgment in the use of confidential information based on established college policies and procedures.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compose, type and prepare routine correspondence, reports and memoranda for administrator/faculty/staff member as required.
- Receive and refer phone, mail or in-person inquiries and requests to appropriate functional area or division.
- Process and schedule all work on an established priority basis in order to equitably handle all requests for services from supervisors.
- Take and type notes of committee and/or faculty meetings when required.
- Type legal contracts, agreements, examinations, and evaluations as required using discretion in disseminating confidential information concerning these documents.
- Organize, maintain and update subject files and records, keeping all data for administrator/faculty members current and in good order.
- Monitor budget expenditures for functional area as required.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- High school education or an equivalent combination of training and experience from which similar ability can be acquired is necessary.
- Two years general office experience with one year of responsible general administrative and office support services is necessary.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve and manipulate data is required.
- Intermediate level of word processing (Microsoft Word preferred) and beginning spreadsheet application (Microsoft Excel preferred) skills are required.
General supervision is received from designated supervisor.
May exercise functional supervision of staff members and student employees.
HOURS: Monday - Thursday - 1:45 pm - 8:00 pm
SALARY: $18.10 Starting salary may change due to the completion of staff negotiations.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.