: Workforce Development and Corporate TrainingLocations:
: Skokie, ILPosted:
: Aug 31, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under administrative supervision, direct and coordinate all aspects of business and community education on-ground and online programming. Plan, develop, implement, market and evaluate programs to meet community interests and local and regional workforce development needs. Hire, supervise, and evaluate instructors/trainers and staff.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, develop, promote, and deliver workforce and community education on-ground and online programs in accordance with industry demand for business, community, municipal organizations, internal college partners, and professional associations.
- Provide strategic leadership over workforce and community programming staff.
- Conduct needs analyses to assess and identify new on-ground and online community and workforce training markets for program development.
- Assist the Dean of Adult and Continuing Education/Dean of Skokie Campus in long-range planning regarding local and regional business and community development.
- Coordinate all operational aspects of pre-enrollment, including testing and advising.
- Research and pursue grant opportunities to fund area initiatives and programs.
- Initiate, facilitate, maintain liaison with appropriate cooperating, funding and accrediting agencies to ensure compliance with standards and agreement.
- Recruit, hire, supervise, and evaluate community and workforce development instructors/trainers.
- Assist the Dean of Adult and Continuing Education/Dean of Skokie Campus with operational budgeting activities including forecasting, monitoring expenditures, and making recommendations for future budget changes.
- Develop overall marketing plans, strategies and promotional materials relative to Workforce & Community Education activities.
- Represent the College at appropriate programs, conferences, and meetings as directed.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Master's degree in a related field such Marketing, Business, Adult Education, Organizational Development, Educational Leadership, and Human Resources is required or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- Previous experience developing workforce or career training programs required.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Previous experience in the development, design, and delivery of online education required.
- Experience in recruitment, marketing, curriculum development, program planning/implementation and assessment is required.
- Two years supervisory experience required.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office and software is required.
- Prior knowledge and experience in an adult, community, and/or continuing education setting is preferred.
- Ability to interact professionally and tactfully with people of different levels of education, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences, and to exhibit an adequate level of respect to fellow employees and the College community at large.
Mobility to move from building to building on-Campus and to visit off-Campus entities. Work is performed in a general office environment and is sedentary in nature. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
Administrative supervision is received from the Dean of Adult and Continuing Education/Dean of Skokie Campus.
Functional supervision is exercised over classified staff positions, instructors and student employees.
Monday - Friday - 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
Salary $70,399 Salary may change due to the completion of staff negotiations.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.