Job location: JJC Main Campus Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
Student Employee, Career Services
Student Employee, Career Services Assistant - this position provides clerical support to the Career Services Team, exercising a high level of discretion, professionalism, and customer service skills.
POSITION TITLE: Student Employee, Career Services Assistant
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: Career Services
DIVISION: Student Development
REPORTS TO: Student Employment Specialist
MINIMIUM PAY RATE: $11.00 per hour
(Position is FWS Eligible)
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Welcome students, staff, faculty, and community members to Career Services Center.
2. Refer students and visitors to other support services (SAC dept., tutoring, etc.).
3. Answer phones, take and relay messages.
4. Schedule student appointments.
5. Create visual displays, flyers, brochures, bulletin boards and other promotional materials to market Career Services and its programs.
6. Promote job opportunities, events and career information using social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.).
7. Provide front desk/office coverage during staff lunch, breaks, and in the absence of the Career Services Secretary.
8. Monitor computer center area and assist students with job search, career self-assessment and career planning resources.
9. Assist with the setup/breakdown of events (job fairs, etc.) as needed.
10. Perform office duties, such as copying, scanning materials, and assist with mailings.
11. Support Career Services staff in preparing various materials, presentations and update the department PowerPoint.
12. Correspond with students, alumni, and employers through the Career Services email mailbox. Direct questions to appropriate staff member.
13. Collaborate with department staff in gathering and aggregating data for monthly and annual reports.
14. Ability to professionally interact with a diverse population, including all internal and external stakeholders.
15. Perform other related duties as assigned.
16. Confidentiality of student information is required.
1. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
2. Attentiveness to detail, excellent organizational skills, problem solving skills, and initiative
3. Professional in appearance and demeanor
4. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
5. Familiar with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
6. Ability to professionally interact with a diverse population, including all internal and external stakeholders.
7. Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA and in good academic standing at JJC.
8. HOURS: Must be available to work Monday-Friday between the hours of 8am-4:30pm, up to 20 hours per week.
1. Previous clerical and/or customer services experience
• Normal office physical demands.
• Duties are performed indoors in the usual office and/or outdoor environment.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):