The part-time Instructional Designer is responsible for maintaining and updating highly interactive online learning content for graduate and undergraduate courses in the School of Social Work (SSW). The incumbent will complete multiple projects and will be accountable for delivering work by prescribed deadlines. Reporting to the SSW Director, they will work with faculty to collaboratively plan, design, and revise online course materials. They will provide one-on-one service to faculty in various subject areas and work as part of a team to ensure courses meet quality and faculty standards. The Instructional Designer will update training materials including self-help documents, online tutorials, and other multimedia materials to assist both faculty and students with the use of course management tools and other technologies. Performs other duties as assigned. Performs other related duties as assigned.Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Education, Technology or closely related field with at least 1 year of instructional design experience including online delivery of self-produced content. Experience should also include Windows and Mac OS, Zoom, Camtasia, Articulate, Adobe E-Learning Suite, Video Editing software, Canvas or similar Learning Management System, and real-time web conferencing. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Required Skills & Abilities:
* Knowledge of online instructional design techniques
* Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of faculty and staff.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Familiarity with copyright and intellectual property standards for course development.
* Demonstrated expertise in instructional design software, including Camtasia, Articulate, Adobe E-Learning Suite, Video Editing software, and other design tools.
* Demonstrated experience in use of Zoom and Canvas
* Knowledge of ADA requirements in online course delivery.
* Demonstrated strong customer service orientation along with the ability to effectively interact with diverse groups of individuals.This position is part-time, 20 hours per week. This position requires a background check.Please note this position will temporarily work remotely, the duration of remote work will be at the discretion of Temple University and the department.Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.In accordance with the City of Philadelphia’s mandate, all Temple University students, faculty, staff and contractors must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by October 15, 2021, unless they have a medical or religious exemption approved by the university. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks or more following the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks or more following a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Individuals who do not meet the University’s vaccination or exception requirement by October 15, 2021 will be prohibited from working until proof of vaccination or an exception is provided. For more information visit the university's Vaccines web page at https://www.temple.edu/coronavirus/vaccines.Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-reportYou may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Primary Location: Location INSIDE of PA
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular