Title: Technician, User Support (Apprenticeship Track)
Job no: 492976
Salary: $36,606 - $45,758
Position open until filled.
Job Summary: This position works directly with students and staff to handle technology support requests within the Learning Commons spaces and through the College’s ticketing system and Support Center partner. The incumbent resolves routine and non-routine problems related to the College’s audio/video and desktop environments, with support requests ranging from basic to complex. This position also offers fundamental technology training on College applications to students, faculty, and staff, supports other Learning Commons operations, and supports learning space installation, testing, and troubleshooting as needed.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent.*
Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: N/A
Hiring Range: $36,606 - $45,758
Job Specific Task List:
1. Provides helpful, timely, and professional customer assistance to college-wide users experiencing technology issues (in person, via phone, and via e-mail). - (Essential)
2. Prioritizes incoming support requests for clients experiencing computer and technology related issues. - (Essential)
3. Logs and tracks issues using the support center database, entering accurate and complete information. - (Essential)
4. Provides classroom technology support and maintenance. - (Essential)
5. Conducts technology workshops on use of college software for faculty, staff, and students. - (Essential)
6. Communicates and collaborates with Learning Commons personnel to answer a variety of student questions, and to deliver services in an efficient and effective manner; cross-trains to provide additional support as needed for other services within the Learning Commons. - (Essential)
7. Coordinates with Client Services and Network Infrastructure to install and configure software, hardware, cabling, desktop operating systems, and other computer-related technologies to assist users college-wide. - (Essential)
8. Coordinates with Learning Technologies to install and configure classroom technology, hardware, and other audio visual-related technologies as needed. - (Essential)
9. Coordinates with Client Services to maintain desktop images. - (Essential)
10. Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Sep 01, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time