Administrative Assistant IIIUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Administrative Asst IIILocation:
School of Family & Consumer SciencesRecruitment Type:
Open to AllJob Type:
$3,416.66 - $3,552.50Job Category :
Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
Experience providing administrative supportPreferred Qualifications:
• Ability to interact courteously and professionally with others
• Ability to communicate effectively by creating clear, concise, and grammatically correct work products, including—written, email, in person, and telephone communications
• Experience multi-tasking, prioritizing workload, and completing projects within deadlines
• Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
• Experience in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Knowledge of and/or experience with any combination of the data base applications that are in use at Texas State University (e.g., GATO, EvaluationKit, Banner, Digital Measures, SAP, LOGI, CatsWeb, Canvas).Professional experience in a business office at a university.Job Description:
Responsible for providing administrative and general clerical support to either Program Chairs, Department Chairs, Deans, or Directors.Job Duties:
- Assist director and faculty of school with all administrative activities including secretarial or technical support; tracking academic calendar and initiating activities to prepare for registration, graduation and exam periods.
- Coordinate school responsibility for special functions such as departmental awards day, bobcat days, commencements, conferences, meetings, college awards day (rotating years), and miscellaneous events.
- Coordinate activities and documents necessary for the smooth operation of classes each semester such as class schedules and changes, registration waiting lists, grade submissions, room assignments, small class reports, grade and administrative course changes.
- Process personnel related paperwork such as hiring documents for faculty and GAs, PCRs, and time administration for faculty and GA’s as necessary.
- Maintain filing and tracking systems for administrative items such as personnel records, curriculum and catalog updates, general records, rosters, etc.
Additional Information to Applicants:
- Serve as school contact for facilities, custodial services, instructional technology, telephone services, parking services, assorted university entities and outside contractors for daily operation, and maintenance, special projects and renovations of the FCS building.
You will be required to electronically attach: Job Open Date:
2. Cover Letter
09/03/2021Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight):
09/20/2021Open Until Filled:
NoNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.Why work @ Texas State? :
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents! Quick Link:
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.