Under the direction of and in collaboration with the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Wellbeing, the Director of Student Affairs and Wellbeing is responsible for the day to day operations and development of the following areas: Student Organizations and Interest Groups, Compliance, Events, Transitions (Residency Applications), Standing Committees, Title IX, Student Government, departmental budgets and purchasing. This position is the primary contact for the Office of Student Affairs and Wellbeing (OSAW) and serves as a liaison with all offices within the HMSOM and HMH Network. This role provides general oversight for staffing, daily operations and planning for the Office.Join us for a virtual tour of the School of Medicine!
A day in the life of the Director, Student Affairs & Wellbeing can be described as follows:
- Represent the functions of the Office of Student Affairs and Wellbeing (OSAW) to all students and the HMSOM community as well as HMH Network related offices.
- Develop policies, procedures and workflows for general functions within the department related to student organizations, events, transitions, standing committees, student government, and compliance;
- Plan budget, purchasing, and hiring for the OSAW.
- Supervise five administrative staff that support all functions of the OSAW and ensure assignments are appropriately distributed including the management of room reservations for all academic, student and interprofessional events throughout the Interprofessional Health Sciences Campus.
- Develop and coordinate all policies and procedures required for a comprehensive Title IX response within the OSAW.
- Oversee the annual workflow calendar of all sections of OSAW to ensure adequate staffing throughout the year, including: Student Accessibility Services, Academic Support, Advising and Career Development, Registrar, Compliance and Student Wellness.
- Oversee all aspects of event planning for annual White Coat Ceremony, Commencement and Match Day as well as additional events of HMSOM.
- Collaborate with all offices of the HMSOM to develop and implement the new student orientation.
- Ensure appropriate transition of student data from the Office of Admissions and Medical Education.
- Oversee compliance, including medical clearance and required annual institutional training;
- Compile annual report for Cabinet of all activities of OSAW.
- Manage OSAW Webpage and ensure timely posting of all activities and events.
- Ensure current policies are available to students through an annual update to the Student Handbook.
- Ensure processes are in place to secure student data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Masters degree in Higher Education, Student Personnel, or related degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of higher education experience with progressive responsibility.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with Title IX policy, procedures and investigation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- PhD degree in Higher Education, social work, or related field.
- Progressive responsibility in higher education.
- Familiarity with undergraduate and/or graduate medical education.
- Experience in higher education support services (academic, enrollment knowledge or services, disability or wellness services).
- Knowledge of undergraduate medical education training requirements and accreditation.
- Knowledge of student information systems (Peoplesoft Campus Solutions; LEO).
- Familiarity with specific medical school resources (e.g. AAMC) and regulations: State, Federal and LCME.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.